Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show.

+4
Ravi Kiran
Peter E.
Bob Bailey
Jeremy
8 posters

Go down

Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show. Empty Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show.

Post  Jeremy Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi,
I finally found a few hours to work on what I plan to show at the Swindon show on the 20th Feb.

I had recently repotted and tweaked my procumben, but it needs a season or 3 to recover and did not give the winter image I am looking for.
Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show. Dscf5910

So I decided to use my blackthorn, but on a tall stand. scratch
With a trim, a little wire and a seasonal accent, I think it will give a powerful image
Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show. Dscf6010

Next, a clean up and a bit of Walter Pall's algae remover, I hope Celtic Knot can present a strong winter image at swindon.
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show. Empty Celtic Knot

Post  Bob Bailey Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:51 pm

Hi Jerry
missed you at Noelanders,looking forward to seeing you on the 20th. The Blackthorn is looking good.
Bob

Bob Bailey

Back to top Go down

Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show. Empty Re: Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show.

Post  Peter E. Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:25 pm

Swindon show on the 20th Feb.

Christ!! is it that time again. I've missed it again.
Lovely tree Jerry but i think the stand is to heavy.
Didn't you have a rustic root stand. It sounds heavy but i think the size is better.

Peter E.

Back to top Go down

Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show. Empty Re: Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show.

Post  Ravi Kiran Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:38 am

HI Jeremy,

Just a thought... IMHO should the tree be rotated clockwise by say around 40 degrees or so it might look better... say something like this poor virt....

Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show. Jeremy11

Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:41 am

Hi Ravi,
Thank you for your suggestion. Good to hear others ideas / thoughts.
The tree in a natural cascade, as it runs along the ground, but this can always be adjusted. Rolling Eyes

At present I have opened it out and cut back to allow the light in. I hope to find the time to wire this weekend.
Procumbens are a challenge to keep the inner foliage green. They need to be opened out, pinched and cut back frequently to keep their pads in shape.
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show. Empty Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show.

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:56 pm

About time Gerry. You haven't postede for ages. Is the Procumbens a tanuki? I think Ravi is right. Standing it up a bit would be a great improvement I think. Are you still having your regular workshops? Would love to see them posted more often.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the response. Should you succeed in finding time for wiring this weekend Wink do share the pics afterwards. All the best in your styling journey of this great tree.

Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show. Empty and finally......

Post  Jeremy Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Hi,
will baddeley on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:56 pm
About time Jerry. You haven't posted for ages.
Is the Procumbens a tanuki?
Yes well spotted Will. I will let it rest in the pot for a season or 3, then I'll decide it's future

Are you still having your regular workshops? Would love to see them posted more often.
Yes Dragon are still doing their thing twice a week.
Yes, I have other commitments at present and can't attend Dragon's workshops very often. So, someone else has taken on the website, etc.
I know at least 3 other Dragon members lurk the IBC. Perhaps they might be encouraged to upload a report or picture now and then.scratch

Hi,
I had time today to play with my display.
Here is the end result.
Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show. _1050010

Your thoughts are much appreciated.
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  Morea Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Dear Jerry

So good to see Your presentations again !!

The pot with the blackthorn is very nice , love the combie.
It is of such natural colour and the shape brings out the best for the blackthorn.

The combie with the accent is ... OOHH YES ! JERRY !!! cheers
i Love it !!!
Direction towards eachother and both with the moving branches or roots.
The direction of both also goes to the small painting and there it happend in my head and heart.

The painting feels like the end of a rails for a train and i got immediatly Your little painting
of the bleu lily of iris in the vision to hang here.
As a reference to the comming flowerfeast on the blackthorn.
As a "non stop" image , with no depth visible, just the here and now.
Very Happy mindfulness thought

The table is light , i like it , the blackthorn also is in the upper region light and with air.
Colour of the table is natural , suits good with the pot .
Altough i do think , not sure though, You have a lighter table which is a bit more thicker ?

Just wrote down Jerry what my first feelings were and LOVE to see Your work !
Your presentations inspire me so much and shake me to wake up .
Love It
Kind regards
Morea

Morea
Morea

Back to top Go down

Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show. Empty and finally......

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:19 pm

Lovely composition Jerry. I Love this Sloe and its unnending spectacular movement. The scroll and accent are very good but I too feel the table is too light.

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:32 pm

As good an image as you have ever put together Jerry, I bow to you sir

Regards Chris
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Bailey Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:33 pm

Hi Jerry, lovely composition,but the Blackthorn is a very masculine looking tree and would benifit a heavier stand I think ,to give it a more balanced image,also I would drop the height of the scroll a little to give it more involvement with the composition.
Looking forward to seeing you,Chris and the rest of the boys next Sunday
Bob

Bob Bailey

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:24 am

Please Jeremy, do not change your cascade in the first picture. Wonderful with a lot of dynamic movement, not seen often in this style. Keep it that way.
Secondly, I also think that the choice of table for your display needs a change to a more solid table, supporting the heavier looking tree.
The scroll also looks too thin I think. The painting supports the scenery well, and can be attached another scroll a little larger.

Best regards and have a good exhibition.
Morten

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi,
Thank you all for your comments.

I have in the recent past felt my blackthorn as a feminine tree.

Anyhow, I have a very limited selection of tables to choose from, this is the best i could do.
Any thoughts?
Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show. _1050110

I still plan to use the original scroll and accent.
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B [Swindon] Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi Jerry

That look a lot better, look forward to seeing them all together at the show

Paul
Paul B [Swindon]
Paul B [Swindon]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:27 pm

Jeremy wrote:Hi,
Thank you all for your comments.

I have in the recent past felt my blackthorn as a feminine tree.

Anyhow, I have a very limited selection of tables to choose from, this is the best i could do.
Any thoughts?
Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show. _1050110

I still plan to use the original scroll and accent.

YES!

Regards
Morten

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:40 pm

Thats a much better table Jerry. ThumbsUp

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Bailey Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:01 am

Much much better, see you Sunday
Bob

Bob Bailey

Back to top Go down

Post  littleart-fx Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:35 pm

Jerry,....

Does it have a name, and who needs backround!

May i call it "the humble is asking the witch"....
Stunning picture of two lovely tree's
Who try to stand-up to each other.....

maestro,....love to drop by every week....
Hope you and the family are doing,...the best!

Grtz,..m who is stil looking for a good ride towards you guy's....me and my love are now setting in on a range rover....
it's going great outhere...made my first paper conctrete slap today....bonsai is playing again!
littleart-fx
littleart-fx

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi,
Chris and I put the final touches to our display today. All is ready to load into the van.

Chris is also showing a blackthorn.
Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show. _1050111

A closeup of the accent.
Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show. _1050112
Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show. _1050113

I took the chance to photograph my developing cascade larch.
Celtic Knot - Prep for the Swindon winter image show. _1050114

Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down