Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Jun, Ravi, Jim and others "The long way home" New landscape pics

2 posters

Go down

For Jun, Ravi, Jim and others "The long way home" New landscape pics  Empty For Jun, Ravi, Jim and others "The long way home" New landscape pics

Post  Gentleman G. Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:30 am

I've added some more features! More "stairs" and a campfire. I've also defined the "path" a little more and made some other minor adjustments. And for reference, the dimensions are as follows: The slab itself is 24 inches across, 16 inches from front to back at the widest point. The drop-off at the end of the river is just over an inch from the table. On the left side, the top of the soil is about four inches high (from the table, not the slab) and inclines towards the back. The drop-off on the right is about two inches (from the bottom of the slab, don't include the exposed rock), and the top of the soil there is about six or eight inches (also from the table, not the slab) and also slightly inclines. The river bank starts at about an inch or two (from the slab) an inclines up to the boulders. The boulder on the left of the gorge sits about six to seven inches and the one on the right is about five or six inches high(from the top of the slab). Since the "path" (starting on the left) takes the viewer up the steps, through the trees, up the boulder and across the bridge, down the other boulder, and finally through more trees, I've decided to call this landscape "The long way home"... Here are the updated pics, Hope you enjoy!

Front center

For Jun, Ravi, Jim and others "The long way home" New landscape pics  Proper10

A little closer

For Jun, Ravi, Jim and others "The long way home" New landscape pics  Front_10

Front left

For Jun, Ravi, Jim and others "The long way home" New landscape pics  Proper11

Left side

For Jun, Ravi, Jim and others "The long way home" New landscape pics  Left_s10

Front right (check out the campfire)

For Jun, Ravi, Jim and others "The long way home" New landscape pics  Front_11

Right side
I ran out of muck, but this is where the house will be. In the mean time, I have a large rock there to hold the soil in place. I removed it for the sake of the pictures though.

For Jun, Ravi, Jim and others "The long way home" New landscape pics  Right_10

And one more close up of the bridge

For Jun, Ravi, Jim and others "The long way home" New landscape pics  Bridge10

And from now on, I'll post the updates on the progression of this landscape here. Thanks again everybody, I feel much more confident with your help and encouragement.

G

Gentleman G.
Gentleman G.

Back to top Go down

For Jun, Ravi, Jim and others "The long way home" New landscape pics  Empty Re: For Jun, Ravi, Jim and others "The long way home" New landscape pics

Post  Ravi Kiran Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:16 am

Good work G'man... and wish you all the very best Very Happy Remember to work on the branch ramification as I had stated earlier...

Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

For Jun, Ravi, Jim and others "The long way home" New landscape pics  Empty Re: For Jun, Ravi, Jim and others "The long way home" New landscape pics

Post  Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:39 am

You'll have problem with that stiff mound...it will collapse due to watering, if you can create a mound with not to stiff slope it will hold better, sphagnum moss at the side of the mound will help.

For Jun, Ravi, Jim and others "The long way home" New landscape pics  Dsc_1023

For Jun, Ravi, Jim and others "The long way home" New landscape pics  Dsc_1024

regards,
jun
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gentleman G. Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:43 pm

Thanks for the illustrations Jun! I thought about that large mound maybe collapsing so I try not to water directly on that portion. For now, since I have the time I've just been constantly misting that area. I'm sure you are familiar with TreeBeards "Hobbit House" and "Bag Shot Row" landscapes??? If so, I plan on using the method he used (placing a shaped foam block and covering that). I just wanted to have a mock-up so I know how large to cut the foam. Also, don't forget that my muck has hair in it to help hold it together (kinda like sphagnum moss, just not anti-fungal???). Is that what you suggest using the sphagnum for, to hold the muck together? And how should I apply it, in my muck as I mix it? Or on the surface after it's been placed? I would hate for it to collapse before I have time to make the proper adjustments. Perhaps since the larger mound is in the back, I could use some sort of netting as you suggested in the other post. I'm off this weekend, hopefully it holds till then.
Gentleman G.
Gentleman G.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down