Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Boulevard' Cypress

2 posters

Go down

Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Boulevard' Cypress Empty Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Boulevard' Cypress

Post  Ryan Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:31 pm

Hey all,

Picked up this Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Boulevard' Cypress today at the local nursery. It was free for me, with my gift card from Christmas. I saw it and loved the trunk, which is about 2 inches across. I think I want to do an upright with it. Here are some shots, then the last one is my rough idea:

Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Boulevard' Cypress 001-18
Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Boulevard' Cypress 002-61

Back?
Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Boulevard' Cypress 004-50

Front? (it has more of a rounded trunk in front, but flat in back):
Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Boulevard' Cypress 005-45

Then my idea, cut the branches off on the left in red, yellow line is the branch to keep, green outlines the bottom portion of the tree:
Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Boulevard' Cypress 005-46

Too drastic? Any other ideas? Thanks!

Ryan

P.S. Sorry Jim Lewis Very Happy

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Boulevard' Cypress Empty Re: Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Boulevard' Cypress

Post  JimLewis Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:46 pm

P.S. Sorry Jim Lewis

I dunno about what.

Anyway, think on it a bit more. Get your hands all prickled up by thinning the tree a bit. Emphasis on bit because they don't backbud real well. But you need to see the branching. Do that, then study it until spring.

If you cut all those "branches" on the left, you may well kill the entire left side of the tree. At least you should do that over a couple of years. Lowest left should go first (maybe!!!!), but leave a stump for a while.

What's behind that middle left branch?
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Boulevard' Cypress Empty Re: Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Boulevard' Cypress

Post  Ryan Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:38 pm

Thanks Jim!

JimLewis wrote:What's behind that middle left branch?

In which picture?

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:30 pm

The one you marked up. I guess thet would make it the upper one of the left-hand branches. It looks like there is something back there.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down