Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juniperus thurifera searching for a pot...

+3
hirow08
fiona
helmut_nittel
7 posters

Go down

Juniperus thurifera searching for a pot... Empty Juniperus thurifera searching for a pot...

Post  helmut_nittel Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:12 am

Juniperus thurifera searching for a pot... P3185516

Bagpiper Hello together!

I´ve already shown this tree in spring and now it needs a good pot.
The height of the tree is now 46 cm and it has a littlebit more green as shown...

I´d love to hear about your ideas! cheers

helmut_nittel

Back to top Go down

Juniperus thurifera searching for a pot... Empty Re: Juniperus thurifera searching for a pot...

Post  fiona Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:09 pm

Hello Helmut.

I like this tree. Can you tell us if the stone is to be a feature of if it is only there just now to hold the tree more securely in the pot. I see there is something at the other side too (a bit of polystyrene foam? something similar?) which I assume is for that purpose.

Am asking because obviously a pot choice would need to reflect whether or not the rock is to feature.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Juniperus thurifera searching for a pot... Empty Re: Juniperus thurifera searching for a pot...

Post  helmut_nittel Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:30 pm

fiona wrote:Hello Helmut.

I like this tree. Can you tell us if the stone is to be a feature of if it is only there just now to hold the tree more securely in the pot. I see there is something at the other side too (a bit of polystyrene foam? something similar?) which I assume is for that purpose.

Am asking because obviously a pot choice would need to reflect whether or not the rock is to feature.

Hello fiona!

As you thought it was only there to fix it. Since the roots are strong enough now i removed both stones...

helmut_nittel

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:44 pm

Thanks Helmut.

Is this the side you see as the front?
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Juniperus thurifera searching for a pot... Empty Juniperus thurifera searching for a pot...

Post  helmut_nittel Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:53 pm

yep

helmut_nittel

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:26 pm

Hello Helmut. I'm wondering whether this tree may benefit from another year in its present pot. The bottom branch looks weak to me, and perhaps the top needs a good thinning to balance the strength.

Back to top Go down

Post  helmut_nittel Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:37 am

will baddeley wrote:Hello Helmut. I'm wondering whether this tree may benefit from another year in its present pot. The bottom branch looks weak to me, and perhaps the top needs a good thinning to balance the strength.

...well since the foto is older than one year...it looks really different now What a Face

helmut_nittel

Back to top Go down

Post  hirow08 Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:50 am

helmut_nittel wrote:
will baddeley wrote:Hello Helmut. I'm wondering whether this tree may benefit from another year in its present pot. The bottom branch looks weak to me, and perhaps the top needs a good thinning to balance the strength.

...well since the foto is older than one year...it looks really different now What a Face

Im really starting to love this guy lol!

Maybe he will post an updated picture in a while.
You've got yourself some really nice trees helmut!

hirow08

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:45 am

Hi Helmut,

how does the tree look now scratch Question Do let us see the current pic and hoping you'll not keep us waiting for long.....

Regards
Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:54 pm

helmut_nittel wrote:

Your P*****G me off now. I'm trying to help here. If its an old picture then say so. How can we give pot advice if the tree is completely different?

Back to top Go down

Post  helmut_nittel Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:28 pm

. . .
different in the quantity of green. . .

I`m maybe a joker sometimes, not a complete nut.

Sorry for being so inexact. It`s still the same form!. It wouldn`t help me anyway if I had posted the wromg tree!

So I`m really interested in ideas...
..... but not interested in pulling it out of the winterquartier..

helmut_nittel

Back to top Go down

Post  Klaudia & Martin Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:59 am

Hello Helmut

Many greetings to our neighbour!
I hope the snow is not too bad in Switzerland!
I've done a quick virtual....maybe you like it!?

Kind regards
Martin

Juniperus thurifera searching for a pot... Niwa1011

Last edited by Klaudia & Martin on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : resizing the pic)
Klaudia & Martin
Klaudia & Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:03 am

will baddeley wrote:
helmut_nittel wrote:

Your P*****G me off now. I'm trying to help here. If its an old picture then say so. How can we give pot advice if the tree is completely different?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I hope the tree is still alive today....or else it will p****d off Will more.

I really love this forum! so many happy characters.

regards,
jun

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  vev Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:14 pm

une idée?Juniperus thurifera searching for a pot... 482710
vev
vev

Back to top Go down

Post  helmut_nittel Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:03 pm

Wow, thanks for the virts!
They are very helpful to me, because both show exactly the unbalance that it has right now, what tightens my ideas for a "special pot"!

it`s nearly creepy how close vev came to my first idea of design, really very nice painting!

In spring I had the tools already in my hands to make tis jin on the right side! ...I knew also it took the tree at least 50 years to build this branch
... I laid the tool down and decided to keep this branch and don`t wire anything... I mentioned in future the left side has to grow bigger to bring balance...

But the tree seems to be a real thurifera what means: it grows extremely slow... in switzerland.... ( half an Inch to an Inch of length in one year!)

....until the possibility to make the design I wanted to enjoy a "naturebonsai" in an nice arrangement.
As you see in an normal pot it seems to fall or hang...

After that virts I thought about somethin asymmetric to make it look like growing on a cliff...

many thanks and greetings from the Austrian in Switzerland!! santa

helmut_nittel

Back to top Go down

Post  Gwyther Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi Helmut

How about something like this -

Juniperus thurifera searching for a pot... Helmut10

Cheers

Vic Smile
Gwyther
Gwyther

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down