Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

khon kaen bonsai club show

+5
john pitt
Hawaiian77
Khaimraj Seepersad
ogie
john5555leonard
9 posters

Go down

khon kaen bonsai club show  Empty khon kaen bonsai club show

Post  john5555leonard Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:33 pm

[img]khon kaen bonsai club show  Kkb_sh10[/img][img]khon kaen bonsai club show  Kkb_sh11[/img][img]khon kaen bonsai club show  Kkb_sh12[/img][img]khon kaen bonsai club show  Kkb_sh13[/img][img]khon kaen bonsai club show  Kkb_sh14[/img][img]khon kaen bonsai club show  Kkb_sh15[/img][img]khon kaen bonsai club show  Kkb_sh16[/img][img]khon kaen bonsai club show  Kkb_sh17[/img][img]khon kaen bonsai club show  Kkb_sh18[/img]hi everybody a few pics from our local club show , i thought they were quite good to say its only a local club , mainly ficus , vitex and a few pemphis .regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

khon kaen bonsai club show  Empty Re: khon kaen bonsai club show

Post  ogie Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:07 pm

Hello John,
nice local show,i like the first tree,what is it?thanks for sharing.
regards,
Ogie
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Thank you, John,

Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:41 pm

Mahalo for sharing. Beautiful trees. ThumbsUp

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  john pitt Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:46 pm

Lovely trees John, particularly like the hollow one in pic 7, what is the species?

john pitt

Back to top Go down

Post  john5555leonard Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:29 am

hi john , pic 7 is a pemphis acidula , i thought it was the best in the show. regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  john5555leonard Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:31 am

hi ogie 1st one is ficus species

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:12 am

nice trees john.
cant wait to see your trees in local shows. with the kind of materials you have, your trees would surely be a winner.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  john5555leonard Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:16 am

thanks jun ,i just need more time to develop them. by the way pic no. 5 the pemphis is on he original rock i was growing on when collected, its fused to the rock , and its been used on a thai postage stamp .

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  siriwatn Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:42 pm

thumbs up Thai crafts not losing any nation in the world.
siriwatn
siriwatn

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:48 am

Thank you John, I think Thailand bonsai are very regard to rules and some time... it is too much Very Happy
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:04 am

pongsatorn,
greetings.
its not only in your country that lot of bonsai practitioner follows the so called bonsai "rules" down to the letter, that the outcome is not so good at all. If the trees were formed base totally on these "rules", trees becomes so unnatural, and the story of the composition were lost most of the time.i've seen that repeatedly in our local bonsai.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:24 am

jun wrote:pongsatorn,
greetings.
its not only in your country that lot of bonsai practitioner follows the so called bonsai "rules" down to the letter, that the outcome is not so good at all. If the trees were formed base totally on these "rules", trees becomes so unnatural, and the story of the composition were lost most of the time.i've seen that repeatedly in our local bonsai.

regards,
jun Smile

Thank you Jun, I'm agree with you... here, at my country, rules are not only popular for bonsai created but it also used as "rule" to render a decision for the winner in competition.
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:22 am

pongsatorn.k wrote:
jun wrote:pongsatorn,
greetings.

regards,
jun Smile

Thank you Jun, I'm agree with you... here, at my country, rules are not only popular for bonsai created but it also used as "rule" to render a decision for the winner in competition.

same here. if these so called "rules" were followed as the guidelines for judging trees. around 90% of the trees in a competition should win and the rest with natural looks must not win.
IMHO-if these were the case in most competition rules on judging a tree these way were all counterproductive for the progress of individuals trying to have a natural looking tree. they might think (especially the new practitioners)
that they were running on the wrong direction in creating something different but uniquely beautiful.
I remember seeing Roberts Stevens blog...there he said that it took him 5 years to win in a local competition...he said that he almost lost his appetite on bonsai because his art were not accepted.

regards,
jun

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:34 am

Jun,

and this is a problem - "I remember seeing Roberts Stevens blog...there he said that it took him 5 years to win in a local competition...he said that he almost lost his appetite on bonsai because his art were not accepted."

Bonsai / Penjing are Not about winning competitions. No

Bonsai / Penjing are Not about acceptance of personal beliefs [ "his art" ] No

Bonsai / Penjing is about the love of nature. thumbs up

On our side, we simply display trees and discuss aspects of the effort.
Stay Well.
Khaimraj

Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:31 am

John,

Thanks for sharing some very nice pictures. Having said that and as you also have pointed out that there is a variety lacking across most of the trees. Most of them seem to be formal upright with great root flare (nebari) and seem to be made according to the "rules". Guess this is why people like Robert Steven and Walter Pall seem to have moved away from tradition towards nature for inspiration to create Bonsai.

It is also great to see others on this thread including Jun, Khaimraj etc wanting to take the path actually set forth by John Naka when he said "Don't make your trees look like Bonsai but make your Bonsai look like trees".

The best award one can get is the satisfaction of looking at ones own creation and smiling.

Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  steve-thailand Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:44 am

hi John, do you know when (and if) there is a show this year?

i'll be in Phetchabun (close to Khon Kean) in October and would love to meet up with the bonsai club up there. i sent you a pm. already.

thanks, steve

steve-thailand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down