Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pot for a suber

+16
NeilDellinger
杰遨-jie
anttal63
Klaudia & Martin
somegeek
Budi Sulistyo
Gwyther
Marija Hajdic
rolandp
Luis Soares
Ant. Gesualdi
Rafael
Russell Coker
Ed van der Reek
peter keane
Viriato Oliveira
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

pot for a suber - Page 2 Empty Re: pot for a suber

Post  cosmos Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi Variato
Nice work and a good journey. I agree with Antonio Gesualdi, that the tree is somewhat tall and needs to be compacted more by lowering down the apex. Keep us posted and thanks for sharing.

Cosmos
cosmos
cosmos

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:48 pm

I'm another that's not keen on this tree and pot combo. I have to say that the height of this Oak is not a problem for me. The fat trunk can more than handle this height and with some width to the foliage it should be excellent.

Back to top Go down

Post  ferdy-san Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:16 pm

Hello Viriato,
this one is just one example of the many great trees í've seen from your collection, but i must agree with our colleagues, that pot does not do it any favors, the crown is to high, wich gives me the impression of beeing streached out a bit, specially when we look att the hight of the pot, in my amateurish opinion it would benefict a lot if the pot was lower, sorry if my opinion is offending, not my intention, but can't express myself any better in english, abraço...

ferdy-san

Back to top Go down

Post  Viriato Oliveira Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:11 am

hello all

First of all, this bonsai are the best one,is the one of all the people talk in the exhibitions, the one how talks bad about the tree and the one s how talks good. the high of the pot was prepositionally choose because the root problem with the suber...1/3 less and the plant died.
The other characteristics of the pot (in my opinion very good ones) fits very well in my global vision about this tree. I don't like subers in conifers pots, subers are not conifers.
And perhaps like a painting artist choose the frame to the painting like a complement to the global filling, this pot works in the same way for me.
Off course I respect all the opinions against the type of pot...

Smile Smile

best regards
Viriato Oliveira
Viriato Oliveira
Viriato Oliveira

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:09 pm

Viriato Oliveira wrote:I don't like subers in conifers pots, subers are not conifers.

What's a "conifer pot"? There were lots of suggestions and none seem overly "conifer" to me. And, yes, "subers are not conifers" but you did a good job of styling this to look like one.

I'm jus sayin...
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Viriato Oliveira Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi Russel

Yes, this suber looks like a conifer, but this is just the begining of this plant in the world of bonsai, and it was need cut back all the branches to reduce the volume of the gree mass, this fact explain the conifer aspect.
In the future it was looks like more heavy, like a ancient tree.

conifer pot for "defenicion" are Unglazed...not all the conifer have a pot unglazed, but the most have one.

Viriato Oliveira
Viriato Oliveira

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:19 pm

I figured you meant unglazed. For me, an evergreen oak or conifer, would be fine in a unglazed pot. I like plants with seasonal interest or flowers in glazed pots to enhance that aspect of a bonsai. Seems like an unglazed pot would be perfect for your suber.
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Viriato Oliveira Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:40 pm

you have right, unglazed pot looks great to

The best think in bonsai are diversity of thinking...Wink
For now I'm happy with the choise...in the future will see.

Best regards

Viriato Oliveira
Viriato Oliveira
Viriato Oliveira

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2