Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Even Bonsai Potters like to do something a little different...

+20
Robert Wallace
petit-arbre
kitoi
sulrich
axefleer
Klaudia & Martin
LANCE
rock
graham walker
DWThomas
Dan Barton
prestontolbert
Rob Kempinski
Rob Addonizio
Chris Cochrane
Dale Cochoy
landerloos
irene_b
peter krebs
Stone Monkey
24 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Even Bonsai Potters like to do something a little different... - Page 4 Empty Re: Even Bonsai Potters like to do something a little different...

Post  kitoi Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:49 pm

Great video Andy!

kitoi

Back to top Go down

Even Bonsai Potters like to do something a little different... - Page 4 Empty Re: Even Bonsai Potters like to do something a little different...

Post  prestontolbert Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:00 am

WHOA! I've been sketching out some extruded tray ideas, but I don't have an extruder. Smart, huh? That is a top notch solution and it allows for more individuality. Thanks for taking the time Andy! thumbs up
prestontolbert
prestontolbert

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:53 am

Preston

I love those his stretch plates, simple but effective idea Very Happy

Kitoi

More to follow, they just takes ages to load You Tube as they are big HD files. SHould get the second one on tonight, UK time.

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Even Bonsai Potters like to do something a little different... - Page 4 Empty Koie San Part 2

Post  Stone Monkey Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:57 am

Enjoy

Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Cochoy Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:13 pm

Very interesting Andy.
He doesn't talk much Very Happy
A small group. How did this come about?

It'll be interesting to see how many of his ideas we see here over the next couple months? Smile

Dale
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:42 pm

Dale

Koie san only spoke Japanese but had an interpreter. The group was only about 15 people. I saw an advert for it in a magazine here in the UK called Ceramic Review. Tickets were £15 each, cheap.

The best thing I took away was the stretch dishes in the first video. I am not sure if I would employ too much in the bonsai pot world. The biggest thing it has taught me is to go with your feelings and your heart and not in a logical fashion. We shall see Wink

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  prestontolbert Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:42 am

I have friends who throw slabs for construction in the manner he did, but not with a curved wall. It's an elegant solution. I could see someone throwing slabs for bonsai pot construction and adding texture and throwing marks you could never achieve by rolling or hammering slabs. Its also more fun on the wheel... Very Happy
prestontolbert
prestontolbert

Back to top Go down

Post  petit-arbre Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:44 am

Very interesting video !
thanks Andy for sharing

petit-arbre

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Cochoy Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:57 pm

Stone Monkey wrote:Dale

Koie san only spoke Japanese but had an interpreter. The group was only about 15 people. I saw an advert for it in a magazine here in the UK called Ceramic Review. Tickets were £15 each, cheap.

Andy

That is kind of what happened when i went to Paul Soldners 2-day demos. An ad in a local paper for the small local art museum . It was $50 for two days and only about 20ish people there.
I learned many off-the-cuff ideas and one I have used ever since in my bunjin pots. He made a couple large assembled wall hangings and threw several tea bowls ( that were more like large cereal bowls!) . he was fun to watch. The ladies got ALL the attention and he had his sandled-feet toenails painted orange!He also does/did bonsai and showed a few slides of some of his trees. We talked a bit about bonsai( but not long as he had women to talk too ! Very Happy ) and I brought him one of my "WildThings" t-shirts the second day.

Dale
Dale Cochoy
Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

Even Bonsai Potters like to do something a little different... - Page 4 Empty Tea Bowls Koie Syle

Post  Stone Monkey Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:53 am

Here is the last video, chawan Koie style Very Happy Hope you enjoyed the films as much as I enjoyed Koie San

Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:15 pm

Thanks, Andy. Great videos, music selection, & production values. The potter as well as the V & A Museum are very generous in sharing, and your thoughtfulness is immense.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:21 pm

Chris

Your more than welcome. Koie san has left a big impression on me, one that I am relishing in Wink

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Wallace Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:54 am

Andy,
Great stuff Bagpiper
I really appreciate all the cool and diverse stuff you share, please continue Cool
Robert
Robert Wallace
Robert Wallace

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:54 am

Cheers Robert

More will follow soon, just stock building at the moment for big January show in Belgium Very Happy

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Even Bonsai Potters like to do something a little different... - Page 4 Empty Potters

Post  LANCE Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:15 pm

Andy,
inspired me to look at the wider world of potters.
I found this site on Youtube.

KOYOMARU
in particular the latest posting;
Time lapse video of Bizen potter / artist Isezaki Soh throwing a jar vase in 10 minutes
LANCE
LANCE

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:34 pm

Phil

Have you got a link to the video

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  LANCE Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:43 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEyChIqmINo
Andy
Hope this is the link, this is a new area for me.
Phil
LANCE
LANCE

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Cheers Phil
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Even Bonsai Potters like to do something a little different... - Page 4 Empty At last I own a Koie San piece from his work at the Leach Pottery at St Ives

Post  Stone Monkey Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:16 pm

Well this is as far as I could stretch. I would have loved to buy one of his Chawan but the gallery I found in London that was selling what Koie san made at the St Ives pottery this year was a little to much for my pocket, £500. One day though one day. For the time being here is the Sake cup that I purchased from the gallery in London. Porcelain, wood fired slight "Sang de Boeuf" glaze on the piece. Stands approx 3" high x 1' diameter, cost £70

Even Bonsai Potters like to do something a little different... - Page 4 Dsc00520

Even Bonsai Potters like to do something a little different... - Page 4 Dsc00521

Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Benda Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:24 pm

Hello all,
these two busts I made in early times :-) when I wasn´t bonsai potter at all,
but I bisque-fired them this week.
The one with bigger head is older, made in my age of 14, the second in 15.
Today I started to think about them as an "accent twain". The little difference in their size can evoke the image of perspective.
Even Bonsai Potters like to do something a little different... - Page 4 Epdse10
Even Bonsai Potters like to do something a little different... - Page 4 Epdse110
Even Bonsai Potters like to do something a little different... - Page 4 Epdse210

Tom Benda

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Tom

I really like them. Very expressive with very little expression on their faces. They would look fantastic smoke fired or Raku'd

All the best

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  GaryWood Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:44 pm

Tom, like Andy I really like the bust! Paul Soldner used the technique of low fire salt fuming on a light body that really looks good on human forms. Here's a shot of a few of my pots.
Wood
Even Bonsai Potters like to do something a little different... - Page 4 Img_0010

GaryWood

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:29 pm

Gary

Loving the pots.

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Some new non bonsai related ceramics. Inspired by tea caddy's from the tea ceramony

Even Bonsai Potters like to do something a little different... - Page 4 Dsc01514

Even Bonsai Potters like to do something a little different... - Page 4 Dsc01515

Even Bonsai Potters like to do something a little different... - Page 4 Dsc01516

Regards

Andy

Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  John Brocklehurst Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Andy the turquoise glaze ? is orgasmatronic, very nice work bud.
John

John Brocklehurst

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next