Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!)

+4
mike page
moyogijohn
bobby little
pongsatorn.k
8 posters

Go down

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!) Empty need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!)

Post  pongsatorn.k Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:09 pm

(an update is place in reply section below)
Hello all,

I'm Pongsatorn.K, from Thailand. let me intro my self.. I have start bonsai hobby for 2 year and just comer to this forum today!. now, I have 2 juniper that I not sure on it's result... I would like some advise on design for next restyleing.

first is Shohin J.procumbens, it is not yamodori materiel as it is no have any juniper grow in the wilds here,
I have buy it from garden store. in this bonsai... I'm not sure about the first branch that place to the right way?... or not?

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!) S6002210

No.2 is also J.procumbens, also from garden store. it is hight about 70-80 cm. I'm also not sure that this style is look good on this tree?.

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!) S6002211

all advise are well come, also please apologize for my bad english.

regards,
P.K

Last edited by pongsatorn.k on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : update)
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!) Empty Re: need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!)

Post  bobby little Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:32 pm

is that you practicing xingyiquan in your avatar?
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!) Empty Juniper

Post  moyogijohn Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:50 pm

First Welcome,, my opion the first tree looks good with the right limb left on.the second one looks good also but the top of thetree needs some more thinning so you can see through the foliage...good work with them so far..john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!) Empty Re: need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!)

Post  mike page Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:42 am

This is what I see.

Mike

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!) Thai10

mike page
mike page

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:45 am

Thank you all! Very Happy

Bobby: no, in my avatar only post and give some action.. hehe

moyogijohn: Thanks John, I plan to thin(or maybe restyle) after rain season(october)... what do you think?.

mike page: thanks Mike, at first I worry about first branch that come from the inside of curve. I'm so surprised, when I see you idea that show this point can see obvious. thank you again, I will try to look around my tree.
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!) Empty Re: new comer, need help for 2 J-procumbens

Post  siriwatn Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi phongsatron Very Happy
siriwatn
siriwatn

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:33 pm

siriwatn wrote:Hi phongsatron Very Happy

sawadee krub Siriwatn, are you also the member of Bonsai Thai forum? Very Happy
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!) Empty hi pongsatorn

Post  john5555leonard Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:18 pm

my names john an I live in khon kaen thailand if you want yamadori there a place in khon kaen thats got some good grasiow with amazing dead wood cheap 500/2000 baht. if you want to know more conact me

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!) Empty hi pongsatorn

Post  siriwatn Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:30 am

A member ThumbsUp at the same forever ThumbsUp
siriwatn
siriwatn

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:03 am

john5555leonard wrote:my names john an I live in khon kaen thailand if you want yamadori there a place in khon kaen thats got some good grasiow with amazing dead wood cheap 500/2000 baht. if you want to know more conact me

Thank you krub John...grasiow=กระเสียว or not?.
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  puwanath Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:52 am

lol! lol! lol! lol!

puwanath

Back to top Go down

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!) Empty dont know I cant read thai script looks like tamarind but better

Post  john5555leonard Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:48 am

pongsatorn.k wrote:
john5555leonard wrote:my names john an I live in khon kaen thailand if you want yamadori there a place in khon kaen thats got some good grasiow with amazing dead wood cheap 500/2000 baht. if you want to know more conact me

Thank you krub John...grasiow=กระเสียว or not?.

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:22 pm

I'm back to this topic for update this odd bonsai Laughing

at first I plan to thining and restyle it on Oct. but look like it grow well between rainy season, I'm decide to do it now. here are the resuit...

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!) S6002410

first pic, I have thin some needle on the top. this is front of this tree.

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!) S6002411

left side of the tree.

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!) S6002412

right side, some confuse branchs on the top have removed.

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!) S6002413

from the back.

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!) S6002415

this angle is left-back view... it so look odd in my opinion. Mad

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!) Untitl11

this pic show progress from 27/9/09 - 14/9/10, almost one year from buy it as material and first styleing to present progress. Very Happy

Apologize for my poor English ability...
I wish to hear all opinion,
P.K.
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:05 pm

Please do not be concerned about your English.

This can be hard to see in photographs, but I think I would remove some more branches, you still have some that appear to be crossing each other and some that appear to hide others from the front. One technique is to also look down on the tree from above, you should be able to see all the branches. Think about removing branches that come from the same general area of the trunk.
I would not do any major work, but especially root work on a Juniper until much cooler weather.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

need help for 2 J-procumbens (UPDATE!) Empty re j procumbens

Post  john5555leonard Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:57 am

sawatdee krap khun pongsatorn, looks like you have made a good start, looks ok, if ever you come to khon kaen come visit me . regards john .

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:33 pm

Thank you very much,

Billy M. Rhodes : yeb, I think it still have some cross branchs but if I remove them... this tree will got big ugly gap... I still careful understand this tree.

john5555leonard : Sawasdee krub and Thank you John, and sure... I must visit you if I come to khon kaen. Very Happy
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down