Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clump false cypress

3 posters

Go down

Clump false cypress Empty Clump false cypress

Post  JimLewis Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:05 pm

I need suggestions here and an ID confirmation.

I think this is Chamaecyparis pisifera 'auora'. It is a rescue from a planter tub, where it was almost dead and dried out beside an entryway, I've spent 2 years reviving it. Clump style is not my favorite style, but I see no other option. It may end up out in the landscape unless someone here sees some redeeming value in the plant. It stands about 15 inches tall from the pot rim. I know I need to separate the right-hand-front group of trunks so they are defined better.

The pics show the tree and a bit of foliage. C. pisifera apparently has foliage more like this (juvenile???) than the flat scaly type of the other Chaemocyparis species.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Clump false cypress C_pisi10[

url=https://servimg.com/view/13427896/321]Clump false cypress C_pisi11[/url]
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Clump false cypress Empty Re: Clump false cypress

Post  Glenn Poole Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:55 pm

This is a very nice tree Jim, if you are up for wiring, there is always windswept.

Glenn Poole

Back to top Go down

Clump false cypress Empty Clump False Cypress

Post  bonsaisr Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Are you sure that what you have is Sawara cypress? It doesn't match the pictures on the Internet.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:27 pm

No. I'm NOT sure, Iris. I said I THINK that's what it is. It was in a "decorative" pot beside the steps of a cabin we bought in the mountains and almost dead when I brought it home. Its foliage looks a lot like that shown on the Wikipedia page. I was using Dirr's "Woody Landscape Plants" as a reference. It turns a very ugly yellow brown in winter, like Dirr says, too.

But I'm wide open to being corrected.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down