Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010

+7
fiona
Smithy
Mario Stefano
Harleyrider
JimLewis
landerloos
irene_b
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 3 Empty Re: Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010

Post  Stone Monkey Mon May 24, 2010 9:47 pm

Will

I WANT TO GO NEXT YEAR!!!! It looks great very Wierd, Wonderful, Woody, Wickerman esque. Thanks for posting the pictures I loved looking at them

All the best

Andy

PS

This may be of interest, I would love to go if I was in the US
http://www.burningman.com/
looks like Glastonbury on strong stuff
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 3 Empty Re: Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010

Post  irene_b Mon May 24, 2010 10:35 pm

Have you ever made "Tuna" Wine?

irene_b

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Tue May 25, 2010 3:23 am

Looks like fun.

However, quite a bit tamer than the Burning Man in Nevada.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 25, 2010 11:29 am

Hello Irene. I have never heard of Tuna wine. Sounds foul but would like to see the recipe.

Back to top Go down

Post  irene_b Tue May 25, 2010 12:46 pm

will baddeley wrote:Hello Irene. I have never heard of Tuna wine. Sounds foul but would like to see the recipe.

It is made from Cactus affraid

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/prickly.asp

irene_b

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 25, 2010 1:20 pm

I, along with my family have eaten Prickly Pear while on holiday in Spain. They sell them there on the markets. I didn't realise I was putting my family in danger Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 3 Affraid Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 3 Affraid Well were all still here and the fruit is delicious. Have you tried it Irene? I'm intrigued by the name Tuna wine, as it has nothing to do with fish. Is it a native American word?

Back to top Go down

Post  irene_b Wed May 26, 2010 2:09 pm

will baddeley wrote:I, along with my family have eaten Prickly Pear while on holiday in Spain. They sell them there on the markets. I didn't realise I was putting my family in danger Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 3 Affraid Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 3 Affraid Well were all still here and the fruit is delicious. Have you tried it Irene? I'm intrigued by the name Tuna wine, as it has nothing to do with fish. Is it a native American word?

Down here it is a local term, and yes I have but we prefer to eat them raw (like an apple). The Tuna Wine can be bought local so I don't need to make it.
Had a friend who tried making the wine but he failed to understand the fermentation and lived on the loo for a few days, (got a gastric super cleaning)! Later he was more inclined to eat them raw like the rest of us lol!

irene_b

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3