Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010

+7
fiona
Smithy
Mario Stefano
Harleyrider
JimLewis
landerloos
irene_b
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Wierd and Wonderful wood festival. 2010

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 8:02 pm

Harleyrider wrote:I really like Paul's work, Will. Ok, maybe it could be considered a trifle 'dark', but I see it more as 'challenging'.

I like to see work that challenges the concepts of what art really is.

Where did he get the skull from?

Believe me.....You don't ask Paul questions like that!!. I'm guessing it came from a Pig Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Icon_porc

Back to top Go down

Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Empty Wierd and Wonderful wood festival. 2010

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 8:15 pm

Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Img_0352

Back to top Go down

Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Empty Wierd and Wonderful wood festival. 2010

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 8:19 pm

His angel on the hill. Watching over all below.Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Img_0353

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 8:23 pm

One of the views around the park.Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Img_0354

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 8:30 pm

This pair, travel from Germany every year and don't stop playing all weekendWeird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Img_0355

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 8:40 pm

The Irish Trolley Dolly never fails to have everyone in stitches, entertaining the children.Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Img_0356

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 8:49 pm

My humble offerings. The usual tables I display with, had been replaced and the new ones could'nt stay outside. My display was cobbled together with 3 tresles and 2 scaff planks.... it did look better than this....Honest!! The evening sun shining through the back, doesn't work very well.Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Img_0357

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 8:55 pm

The attendance for this year was through the roof! Not bad for an event that's not advertised. Word of mouth eh!
Had loads of interest, particularly when people spotted or were told they were mainly native trees.Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Img_0358

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 9:04 pm

This is the kind of tree I'd like in my front garden. The oldest tree in Suffolk and in his front garden. This Oak is over 1000 years old. Not very tall but very wide.Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Img_0359

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 9:06 pm

Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Img_0360

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 9:11 pm

Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Img_0362

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 9:18 pm

A truly magnificent tree and show1 One I will go to again and again.Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Img_0363

Back to top Go down

Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010

Post  Mario Stefano Thu May 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Excellent report, very interesting, thanks for report Will !
Mario Stefano
Mario Stefano

Back to top Go down

Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010

Post  Smithy Fri May 21, 2010 7:08 am

I loved looking at this thread. Thanks. I want to go next year.
Smithy
Smithy

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri May 21, 2010 9:20 am

Me too. There is an attempt at something similar in Edinburgh that I've been to a couple of times, but this one of yours knocks its socks off.

Lovely setting, splendid exhibits.

And sunshine!!
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Fri May 21, 2010 9:30 am

Thanks Will, it looks like a great show. This is a very similar event to Woodfest Wales, where our club used to show annually. Same sort of exhibitors but the one in Wales has more of a commercial feel to it, I guess. There are also a lot of competitive events. Chainsaw carving, axe throwing, pole climbing and log chopping a a few that I remember. If anyone is interested, there's one coming up on 4th to 6th of June and it is detailed here. http://www.woodfestwales.co.uk/north/events_and_attractions.html

Note that the Vale of Clwyd Bonsai Society are not there this year. Their webmaster has included old details in error.

Drop me a PM if you plan to go, as I live very near.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 21, 2010 11:26 am

It would be great to put on a larger exhibit next year, if anyone is interested. I only had one heckler all weekend and whenever he walked past, shouted "TORTURER". Even this was tongue in cheek. Well worth a visit anyway. Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Fri May 21, 2010 2:26 pm

will baddeley wrote:The attendance for this year was through the roof! Not bad for an event that's not advertised. Word of mouth eh!
Had loads of interest, particularly when people spotted or were told they were mainly native trees.Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Img_0358

Great photos, one question, who's the guy in the photo? Who ever he is he doesn't have sense of style and your excellent taste in frocks! Laughing

PS: We're having a major aboriginal uprising here in the US Midwest. It appears someone stole their teepees!

Jay
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 21, 2010 3:07 pm

Hello Jay. The guy in the photo,was someone I met around the campfire the night before. He was caught out by the home made wine and cider and had to be carried back to his Tipi. How embarrasing Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Icon_redface He was still feeling fragile the next evening when I asked him to stand for the photo.

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri May 21, 2010 3:20 pm

I heard that the chap in the next wigwam to you was equally caught out but in his case it was by the extra strong brews of Camellia sinensis. Sadly, he was later found drowned in his tipi.

You may have to think about that one. Mad
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 21, 2010 3:43 pm

Word gets around fast Fiona. It was quite a warm weekend and fortunately the salt content managed to preserve him and hold back the smell.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Fri May 21, 2010 4:07 pm

will baddeley wrote:Hello Jay. The guy in the photo,was someone I met around the campfire the night before. He was caught out by the home made wine and cider and had to be carried back to his Tipi. How embarrasing Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Icon_redface He was still feeling fragile the next evening when I asked him to stand for the photo.

Poor lad, hopefully he will survive the experience!

Might I guess that you are also a student of the preservation and storage of grapes (and possibly other glucose engrossed materials) through the fine process of fermentation?

At present, I'm contemplating the bottling and labelling of approximately 10 gallons of grape and 30 gallons of mixed berry "preserves", (with an experiment about to begin in the preservation of 4 or 5 gallons of locally produced honey!) I also have in my freezer 20 or so pineapples, not sure if I want to make a light pineapple wine or a pineapple mead!

Jay
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Haven't made any wine for a couple of years now. A dangerous game with my will power. At one time, Bev and me would make wine from just about anything short of grass cuttings. Our peak was 52 demijohn's, bubbling away all over the house. Successes were berries and flowers and in particular, Elder. Deeeeeeeeeelicious. Disasters were few but we had a go at Rowan berry wine. If you enjoy chewing paracetamol then Rowan's the wine for you.

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri May 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Why are there no pain killers in the jungle?
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Because the Parrots eatem all. Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Icon_redface Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Icon_smile Weird and Wonderful wood festival. 2010 - Page 2 Icon_redface

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next