Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The branch is kept existing or cut down

5 posters

Go down

The branch is kept existing or cut down Empty The branch is kept existing or cut down

Post  Mawardi Nur Sat May 15, 2010 2:37 pm

I have trained this species of Pitchecolobium dulce for three years and I need the any idea to correct this tree.
I attach two pictures for these trees, in 1st picture, what must I do with the branch? As pointed by red arrow. Will it be ok if I make it as the apex?
The branch is kept existing or cut down Ibc_up10

In 2nd, the trunk base, the bud started to grow. Must I keep this bud?
The branch is kept existing or cut down Base_t10

Thanks.
Mawardi Nur
Mawardi Nur

Back to top Go down

The branch is kept existing or cut down Empty Re: The branch is kept existing or cut down

Post  DreadyKGB Sat May 15, 2010 7:10 pm

Mawardi,
I think this tree has some nice potential. Although I am not familiar with the species I think that both of those branches should go. Also the tree seem to move away from the eye, leaning backwards in the pot. Post a picture of the backside maybe. Or you could bring what I have labeled as the apex forward.I think the green arrowed branch provides more balance as the apex. Just some suggestions. But again it looks like a very nice start.

Todd
The branch is kept existing or cut down Ibc_up10
DreadyKGB
DreadyKGB

Back to top Go down

The branch is kept existing or cut down Empty Re: The branch is kept existing or cut down

Post  JimLewis Sat May 15, 2010 7:46 pm

I agree. Neither branch contributes anything to the tree.

I'd also like to see one or two of those branches wired toward the back. There appears to be very little depth to the tree. Of course, it is hard to tell in a photo.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mawardi Nur Tue May 18, 2010 11:22 am

The tree is growing fast right now. So I must cut the branches as it neither contributes to the tree.

Hi Jim, “There appears to be very little depth to the tree” what does it mean?
See the pictures below for back sides

The branch is kept existing or cut down Back_s10

The branch is kept existing or cut down 16052010

Thanks a lot for some your suggestion and may be any other idea are welcome.
Mawardi Nur
Mawardi Nur

Back to top Go down

Post  Pola Tue May 18, 2010 9:10 pm

Hi there!
Nice tree! I have about 10 of those i started from seed last year. Didn't know their scientific name though. Now i know...thanks!
something i wanted to add...how big is this tree? The reason i ask is because it produces fruit and you may have to consider the size of the fruit in the final size of the tree. A slim short trunk wouldn't look good with over sized fruit. Just my two cents.
Pola
Pola

Back to top Go down

Post  Mawardi Nur Wed May 19, 2010 1:37 am

Hi pola,
Could you show me the picture for your tree? this tree will have fruit if if the age is grown old. In my places, I seldom see this tree have fruit while in young. We usually find a long the street. The fruit is small and form like tamarindus indica.
I am wating your tree picture
Mawardi Nur
Mawardi Nur

Back to top Go down

Post  Pola Wed May 19, 2010 2:25 am

Sorry Mawardi,i have no camera at the moment No . I planted them about 7 months ago. Still have alot of growing to do. They're about a foot and a half at the moment.
Pola
Pola

Back to top Go down

The branch is kept existing or cut down Empty keep or cut

Post  alex e Fri May 21, 2010 5:30 pm

Unless you are growing a new Apex I,d chop it off!
the one on the Nebari could be left to help fatten
up the trunk or grow a mother daughter if not, off !!! Twisted Evil
hope this helps!

Alex e ThumbsUp
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down