Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't see the trees for the wood!!

+22
Sam Ogranaja
F. Waheedy
Harleyrider
Victrinia Ridgeway
Jim Doiron
NeilDellinger
alex e
eric sanders
littleart-fx
Peter E.
harry dovey
bonsai monkey
Todd Ellis
Jeremy
gman
Stone Monkey
Fuzzy
RKatzin
Jay Gaydosh
Tom
fiona
dave grieve
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Can't see the trees for the wood!!

Post  Jim Doiron Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Will, I would love to have the problem of having that much material to work with. After seeing your benches I realize now my problem is the collecting season is coming to an end, I have to go knock on some doors. Very Happy
Jim Doiron
Jim Doiron

Back to top Go down

Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Can't see the trees for the wood!!

Post  Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:35 pm

Neil. If I lived in Oklahoma, I would have been sectioned a long time ago.

Back to top Go down

Post  Victrinia Ridgeway Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:44 pm

A man after my own heart.... it looks like a lot of gnarly bumpy joy to me!!!!!! You have a seriously nice collection of trunks and trees young man. I can see why you donated the trident now... it's lovely... but lacks the character of many of your venerable old beauties.

Thanks for pointing me here.... Smile

V
Victrinia Ridgeway
Victrinia Ridgeway

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:30 pm

Bitchin' Yew, Will!

To be fair to Will though, he has made some headway in clearing out his excess material. He gave me a shohin Elm not long ago so there must be loads of space by now.
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Victrinia Ridgeway Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:37 pm

Yah I turned a few shades of green over that yew.... alien

V
Victrinia Ridgeway
Victrinia Ridgeway

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:59 pm

Oops, sorry Evil or Very Mad
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:04 pm

Harleyrider wrote:Bitchin' Yew, Will!

To be fair to Will though, he has made some headway in clearing out his excess material. He gave me a shohin Elm not long ago so there must be loads of space by now.
That was the idea. Unfortunately that space was filled with another 5, considerably larger trees. Did you do any work on the Elm last weekend?

Back to top Go down

Post  F. Waheedy Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:52 pm

what an amazing collection of trees you've got, Will. and each one is s special. Yew is beautiful.
love to see 'em all in person.

Regds,

Faisal
F. Waheedy
F. Waheedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:08 am

F. Waheedy wrote:what an amazing collection of trees you've got, Will. and each one is s special. Yew is beautiful.
love to see 'em all in person.

Regds,

Faisal
Whenever you have time. Always welcome. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 3 Empty Wow...that is indeed overwhelming

Post  Sam Ogranaja Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:59 am

I just saw this. Well Will, I'm only 3 hours from you. If you need help this spring let me know. I'll come help you repot or whatever for some kind of trade. I'd love to come look at your stuff some time anyway, even if you didn't need the help.

Have a great weekend
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 3 Empty Wow...that is indeed overwhelming

Post  Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:56 am

Hello Sam. Whats your transport a SR 71 Blackbird? Suffolk England I'm affraid. If you can afford the fuel then your welcome but my gardens a bit short for landing. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:43 pm

will baddeley wrote:Hello Sam. Whats your transport a SR 71 Blackbird? Suffolk England I'm affraid. If you can afford the fuel then your welcome but my gardens a bit short for landing. Very Happy

I saw Suffolk and got overly excited. I thought it was Suffolk VA. Booooo. How do you manage all that? Do you have anyone that helps you? Keep up the good work though. You have some really nice trees.
Have a great weekend
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Jaeger Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:44 pm

I thought you were in Virginia also. Shows how small minded us americans are Laughing when it comes to other parts of the world. Will you have some amazing material!!!!
Neil Jaeger
Neil Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:01 pm

It seems you are over crowded too Will. thumbs up

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:56 pm

Hello Sam, Neil and Jun. How do I manage all that? I concentrate on about 40 and maintain the rest, developing with pruning and extention growth. I sell a few but not as many as I need to. I have about 4 large trees to collect in the Spring and love the discovery and collecting almost as much as the styling. If I dont work them, I know someone else will.....Eventually.

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:54 am

Will,
Pic number two tells me that you have your priorities right.... room for your coffee (or tea?) mug on your benches!!!
Nice "wood" by the way!
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:06 am

Todd Ellis wrote:Will,
Pic number two tells me that you have your priorities right.... room for your coffee (or tea?) mug on your benches!!!
Nice "wood" by the way!
Todd

Hello Todd. Not many people remark on my nice wood these days, so thankyou. Got to have room on the bench for my coffee, it's a must. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:29 pm

Hwllo Will.

It seems your hands are full lots of promising tree,good luck with your future winners and keep us posted

Regards,
Alex Smile
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 3 Empty can,t see the wood for the trees

Post  Bob Bailey Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:33 pm

I can always take your little cotoneaster off your hands to help you out Will !!!

Bob Bailey

Bob Bailey

Back to top Go down

Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 3 Empty can,t see the wood for the trees

Post  Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:48 pm

jole wrote: I can always take your little cotoneaster off your hands to help you out Will !!!

Bob Bailey

Thats not really going to clear much space now is it Bob but thanks for the kind offer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:04 pm

I agree with you there Will, the finding and collecting is equally as rewarding as the nurture and developing side.

As for you not selling as many as you should, hopefully I'll be paying you a visit next year, wads in hand!
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:02 pm

Hello Steve. My favourite trees are the ones I've collected and styled myself, as most of them are.It would be a pleasure to have you down here next year to cast your eye and opinion over my trees.

Back to top Go down

Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 3 Empty forest for the wood

Post  stephen clarke Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:04 pm

do you live anywhere near this forest,and im in the van with fiona spade in hand

stephen clarke

Back to top Go down

Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 3 Empty forest for the wood

Post  Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:28 pm

stephen clarke wrote:do you live anywhere near this forest,and im in the van with fiona spade in hand

Sorry you've lost me. Which Forest is that?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3