Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't see the trees for the wood!!

+22
Sam Ogranaja
F. Waheedy
Harleyrider
Victrinia Ridgeway
Jim Doiron
NeilDellinger
alex e
eric sanders
littleart-fx
Peter E.
harry dovey
bonsai monkey
Todd Ellis
Jeremy
gman
Stone Monkey
Fuzzy
RKatzin
Jay Gaydosh
Tom
fiona
dave grieve
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Can't see the trees for the wood!!

Post  gman Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:32 pm

will baddeley wrote:Fionna. I'm not even half way through Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 2 Icon_sad
Then perhaps you should use a WIDE angle lens............. Very Happy
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Can't see the trees for the wood!!

Post  Jeremy Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi Will,
Have you ever thought about getting a hobby to fill your spare time Question
Twisted Evil Laughing affraid
I hear drawing can be rewarding........ Rolling Eyes
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:05 am

Wish I had your problem! Laughing
Have fun and remember to "prioritize"!
Best,
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  RKatzin Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:35 am

Were you hoping for a somewhat more sympathetic crowd, Will?
RKatzin
RKatzin

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:05 am

Right! That's me just filled the van with petrol and it should only take about 7 hours for me to get to your house.

Remind me of that address for the sat nav?
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:23 am

I guess I was being a bit narrow minded to expect tea and sympathy from you lot. Now... wheres my spade Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:51 pm

Fiona... Make sure you bring Will some tea and sympathy Sad when you show up to help him clean out some of that obnoxious wood! (Don't forget to leave him a tree to look at after you are gone!)

forbey
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Can't see a good deal on the horizon. Not only is Fiona going to clear me of trees, I imagine that Pictish tea and sympathy comes with an invoice Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 2 Icon_sad

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:46 pm

Celtic, Will dearest, Celtic. And that's with a "k" not an "s". (Actually, if the family tree is in any way accurate, my lot are of French origin and came over with Billy the Conq and all the the other robber barons.)

But the past is another country.

So, back to the planned border reive of your inforestation. As Alain K tried so very eruditely to point out on another thread, Birnham Wood shall to Dunsinane come, in the back of a Mercedes Vito and after a large amount of eyelash fluttering.

Fair is foul and foul is fair, after all.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 2 Empty Can't see the trees for the wood!!

Post  Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:00 pm

Very clever ploy Fiona. Did anyone else notice that all the literary quotes and eloquant banter, were a smooth way of sidestepping the issue of the invoice Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:04 pm

will baddeley wrote:Very clever ploy Fiona. Did anyone else notice that all the literary quotes and eloquant banter, were a smooth way of sidestepping the issue of the invoice Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

There most likely also be an invoice for the service of disposing of all that wood, not to mention a fuel surcharge, and we can't forget the necessary allotment to support the Queen Mum!

forbey
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:21 pm

Jay Gaydosh wrote:
will baddeley wrote:Very clever ploy Fiona. Did anyone else notice that all the literary quotes and eloquant banter, were a smooth way of sidestepping the issue of the invoice Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

There most likely also be an invoice for the service of disposing of all that wood, not to mention a fuel surcharge, and we can't forget the necessary allotment to support the Queen Mum!

forbey

That list wouldn't concern me too much. My worry would be the quantity of Ginsters pies and Mr Kipling's cakes consumed en route Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 2 Affraid

Back to top Go down

Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 2 Empty The Big Cull

Post  Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:27 pm

Will, OK so you have a problem, I am sure that a lot of us have been/are still there... but amongst the multitude of 'trees' there is clearly some amazing bonsai and material.

The answers is simple, keep only those that really excite you, the rest GIVE AWAY to those you love. I struggle to maintain the few 'exhibition ready' and material in development in my care, and it is at least 1/4 of what you have shown here.

Would you like me to come down and help with the Cull? all I ask is a beer (or two) and a bed for the night. As for the stuff you are 'moving on' if you don't want it ... neither do I.

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:32 pm

Wow Will, wot can I say?????
OCD or no I do understand where you are coming from.
I had a similar problem and had a good clear out last year BUT it was not of the quality of your material. I can see your issue although I do have a very large garden if you are having storage problems!!!!

There is one good thing coming out of your yamadori habit, you are saving UK material for another generation. Good material is hard to find and if it keeps you sane & health then I don't see a problem. Yeah, you might have to thin some out in later years but people will be queing aroung the block to help "relieve" you of them. Fiona's van ain't that big!!!

I'm trying to blag some time off when I next visit the outlaws and maybe I could swing round for a better look?
Happy but Twisted,
Simon

PS
Tony, would you need a little helper??? I wouldn't even need a bed Will
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  harry dovey Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:05 pm

wow what a yew will how tall does it stand if you need any help im more then happy in the holidays
harry dovey
harry dovey

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter E. Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:08 pm

If it would help releve your STRESS i could manage about 6. But not the big one's. I getting to old for them. Wink

Peter E.

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:54 pm

Simon Stop dribbling mate Wink and go see Uncle Will Twisted Evil

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:30 am

harry dovey wrote:wow what a yew will how tall does it stand if you need any help im more then happy in the holidays

The Yew stands 28" tall and 18" across. Your welcome to come and help, when you have the time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:38 am

bonsai monkey wrote:

I'm trying to blag some time off when I next visit the outlaws and maybe I could swing round for a better look?
Happy but Twisted,
Simonl

No probs

Back to top Go down

Post  littleart-fx Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:51 am

@will! i do find this amusing,....as you are kicking the ball right in.

@t you're humble service,.....for now the waiting line on traffic is humongous the atmosphere around Europe!

pb me for a visit next spring i'll be therere repotting and making room!

@will,...hahahaha Very Happy

grtzz from Holland where cases are,.....about the same!
littleart-fx
littleart-fx

Back to top Go down

Post  eric sanders Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:27 pm

I've mentioned my borderline OCD before..

but will! one with beatifull material.
and yes i think cleaning up and sorting out will do you and your trees maby good.
Wink Wink
eric sanders
eric sanders

Back to top Go down

Post  RKatzin Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Two notes Will, one, my wife would like to thank you, that after seeing your lot I've quit whimpering about all the work needs done in my little patch of trees, and, as she so lovingly likes to remind me every chance, there's a special little corner in hell reserved just for folks who get exactly what they ask for, and then whine about it. Laughing I know I joke alot, but one serious note, much respect and admiration for you and your trees, Will, an inspiration to all. Cheers to you, Rick
RKatzin
RKatzin

Back to top Go down

Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 2 Empty trees for the wood

Post  alex e Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:54 pm

Hi Will , I know its only a token gesture Very Happy but to help you out
I am willing to take that yew last pic first page just to give you some
space you understand !!!! lol! lol!

Alex e
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 2 Empty trees for the wood

Post  Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:29 pm

I'm completely overwhelmed with the very kind offers you have made to strip me of my collection. Such selflessness is admirable and you should all be applauded Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 2 Icon_cheers BUT. This illness I have, is something I have to manage. The thought of passing my OCD to such wonderful, charitable friends, would break my heart. Can't see the trees for the wood!! - Page 2 Icon_sad

Back to top Go down

Post  NeilDellinger Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:06 am

Will,
I feel your pain..to point. Imagine how many more collected elms you'd have if you lived in Oklahoma with me here to be your enabler Twisted Evil

I have the same problem. I learned I was moving and immediately went out and collected the biggest monster I could find at 50+ inches tall. Shocked

I am with Tony. Give away a bunch to your best of friends. Sell a bunch more, use the money for something fun like lawn furniture & some new tools so you can sit and enjoy working on your best material. Very Happy

Best of luck friend!!

NeilDellinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next