Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Members cannot post external links...?

2 posters

Go down

New Members cannot post external links...? Empty New Members cannot post external links...?

Post  Gentleman Jack Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:30 pm

trying to post a picture from photobucket, and got message saying new members cannot post external links for 7 days. A picture from photobucket, though? Why?

Gentleman Jack

Back to top Go down

New Members cannot post external links...? Empty Re: New Members cannot post external links...?

Post  fiona Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:13 pm

Are you using the Insert a Link button Gentleman Jack?  If so, try this instead:

In Photobucket, load the image you want to use then click on the image (IMG) Code. This should automatically copy it.

Now just click in the text pane of your post at the spot you want your image to appear, and paste the image code. You will see it appear like this:

New Members cannot post external links...? Photob10

Then just click SEND and that should be it - your image will appear in the published post.

You also have the option of using the internal system of photohosting

btw the answer to your question was that it is a system default setting to try and prevent the spam that we occasionally get.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

New Members cannot post external links...? Empty Re: New Members cannot post external links...?

Post  Gentleman Jack Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi Fiona, the process you described is exactly what I'm doing. I'm doing a simple copy img from photobucket and pasting. On preview, the text and the picture appear just fine, then when I hit send I get the message about having to wait 7 days.

Gentleman Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down