Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Help) Brazilian rain tree leaves falling and drying!!

4 posters

Go down

(Help) Brazilian rain tree leaves falling and drying!! Empty (Help) Brazilian rain tree leaves falling and drying!!

Post  deepbonsai Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:35 am

Hello. I am posting today about the questionable health of my Brazilian rain tree. I have had the tree for about two weeks but as recently it has been losing leaves. the tree receives 15 hours of grow light, has a humidity tray, an I have been watering it about once a week, but not on a schedule rather when the tree needs it. I have tried to look up what could have be the problem but I have come up empty handed the conclusion I might have is that it is still adjusting to the change in environment.
thanks for all reply's Brandon.

deepbonsai

Back to top Go down

(Help) Brazilian rain tree leaves falling and drying!! Empty Re: (Help) Brazilian rain tree leaves falling and drying!!

Post  Precarious Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:52 am

Plant to plant, soil to soil, everything is relative, but in my situation with a grow room at 70-75 deg F, and 50% humidity, with my soil, I am watering twice a week.  I see leaves drop most often when I let the soil get dry.  Hope that helps.
Precarious
Precarious

Back to top Go down

(Help) Brazilian rain tree leaves falling and drying!! Empty Re: (Help) Brazilian rain tree leaves falling and drying!!

Post  Sam Ogranaja Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:34 am

Brandon,

When did you get the tree and where did it come from? Sounds like simple stress to me. Does your plant have buds at the base of the leaflets? If so, you're safe. Wait a while and it'll perk back up.

Post some photos.
Have a great week!
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  deepbonsai Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:47 pm

Thanks for the reply I will keep a eye on watering and checking it more. @sam I got the tree from bonsai west a nursery in Ma. an the tree is budding so that is a relief including a couple circler buds.
P.S. I cant post pictures for some reasons.

deepbonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:50 am

deepbonsai wrote:Thanks for the reply I will keep a eye on watering and checking it more. @sam I got the tree from bonsai west a nursery in Ma. an the tree is budding so that is a relief including a couple circler buds.
P.S. I cant post pictures for some reasons.

Good sign. I think you're safe. Feed heavy, water heavy and leave it alone to regain some vigor.
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

(Help) Brazilian rain tree leaves falling and drying!! Empty brain wash

Post  Atifrazaaaa Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:56 am

Hello, I just got this material imported from Japan. After I open up foliage for checking inside structure , I found out that 2 big main branches are wrong fix in position, one was horizontal and the other was not flow with any direction of main trunk at all. so I removed them all and not even think to keep it for jin , after that just left a few small branches to work on the top and the tree will be more like bunjin with all those a few branches .
before , you can see the big branch in the middle that run exactly horizontal to the left.

Atifrazaaaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down