Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

another Myrciaria cauliflora.

+4
mehrdadchavosh
EdMerc
Nik Rozman
amazonida
8 posters

Go down

another Myrciaria cauliflora. Empty another Myrciaria cauliflora.

Post  amazonida Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:45 am

hello, i'm proud to show you another jabuticaba another Myrciaria cauliflora. Dsc01610
another Myrciaria cauliflora. Dsc02510
the size tree is about 45 cm maximum...

amazonida

Back to top Go down

another Myrciaria cauliflora. Empty Re: another Myrciaria cauliflora.

Post  Nik Rozman Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:14 pm

Don't tell me theese trees grow blossoms and fruits right on the trunk? Suspect
Nik Rozman
Nik Rozman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:30 pm

Is'nt Mother Nature wonderful !!!!. Im really enjoying these posts.

Back to top Go down

another Myrciaria cauliflora. Empty yes on the trunk

Post  amazonida Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:05 pm

hi, nick and will.. it is on the trunk! this is not a special glue! the grow in the trunk and are very sweety... i use to make with sake like a drink or eat the like shown in that post and in another one.
i may post a few more..

amazonida

Back to top Go down

Post  EdMerc Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:20 am

I have a nice jaobaticaba in training, but I've yet to see it bear fruit. It is fascinating how it does so on the trunk. Can't wait till mine does.
EdMerc
EdMerc

Back to top Go down

Post  mehrdadchavosh Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:57 am

I am speechless, don't know what to say , are they native to Brazil?any place to purchase one ? Shocked
mehrdadchavosh
mehrdadchavosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:20 pm

EdMerc wrote:I have a nice jaobaticaba in training, but I've yet to see it bear fruit. It is fascinating how it does so on the trunk. Can't wait till mine does.

Ed, you may be waiting a long time. It's a very rare occurrence to get a Jaboticaba to make fruit when in a bonsai pot. Lots of urban legends circulated about what it takes. I don't know what is required. Maybe amazonida can reveal his/her technique.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

another Myrciaria cauliflora. Empty jabuticaba technique

Post  amazonida Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:48 pm

hi, Ed for how long have you been taking care of yours?
yes they are native to Brazil, and you just find out here! sorry Sad or Very Happy because if you are planing to visit brazil, you' ll be able to get some seeds... and the technices...it's a little hard to explain in words...should i post some pics?

amazonida

Back to top Go down

Post  EdMerc Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:16 pm

I have had my tree less than one year. I had another that died last winter. I was told that it would be okay in the cold. It was not. Sad

Right now it's not in a bonsai pot. I have it in a 15 gallon nursery pot where I plan to let it grow out.

Here in Central Florida you can get jaobaticaba from Lukas Nursery in Oviedo. They have a number of them in ten and fifteen gallon pots.

If it never bears fruit that's okay. It's such a lovely tree by any measure. It's a favorite of mine.
EdMerc
EdMerc

Back to top Go down

another Myrciaria cauliflora. Empty 25 years

Post  amazonida Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:45 pm

Ed this is one of my favorite pieces. it has almost 26 years... here in brazil, we have developed a technique to accelerate the production.. some species takes 12 years to produce the first fruit! some, the hybrid, in 4 or 5 years... they don't like cold..remember, they are from Brazil... avoid the wind, it's not good to their foliage...
In Lukas nursery has some producing?
i like particulary the trunk..

amazonida

Back to top Go down

Post  EdMerc Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:57 pm

No, none producing that I have seen. But like I said before, I love the tree for many other reasons.

I love the powerful trunks. I love the bark and how it flakes off. I love the small leaves and how the new ones look sort of pink. It's a great tree.
EdMerc
EdMerc

Back to top Go down

Post  kaue kabrera Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:43 pm

hi everybody

another jaboticaba from brasil....... a really lov this Specie....the most sweet fruit that i now....

thanks

Kaue Kabrera

another Myrciaria cauliflora. Jabugorda
another Myrciaria cauliflora. Florjabugg
another Myrciaria cauliflora. Img0027fz
another Myrciaria cauliflora. Img0032zl
kaue kabrera
kaue kabrera

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Ellwood Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:53 am

Can you experts give me some pointers on how well they like root pruning .I have one that I am going to put in a pot tomorrow. It will be the centerpiece on my dining room table .My only tropical .I have it soaking in vit b and root hormone till tomorrow .I will have a good amount of roots left on the tree to put it in to the pot but I have a tap root that needs removed and it has about half the total of roots.The tree is approx 8 years old.and I also reduced the height .Should I also defoliate to let it rest at all after repotting? Sorry for all the ???Any advice is appreciated.

Seth Ellwood

Back to top Go down

another Myrciaria cauliflora. Empty Jabuticabeiras from Brazil

Post  Ricardo Bonsais Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:20 pm

Hello, I live in Brazil and if you want I can send some Jabuticabeiras Bonsais to You

Ricardo Bonsais

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down