Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

european olive

3 posters

Go down

european olive Empty european olive

Post  moyogijohn Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:30 pm

Happy Thanksgiving,, The olive i got in tennessee my last trip has now lost all of it,s leaves !! question is have i killed another one or is this something they do ?? it is inside of course,,it is freezing here with snow..let me know what you think.. take care thanks john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

european olive Empty Re: european olive

Post  ironhorse Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:50 pm

The European Olive shouldn't lose its leaves, mine gets winter protection in a cold greenhouse as I understand they are not fully hardy

Dave

ironhorse

Back to top Go down

european olive Empty european olive

Post  moyogijohn Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:51 pm

Thank you Dave,, As i said the tree is inside,I have no clue about it as this is the first one i ever had.. thanks john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  ironhorse Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:11 pm

Sorry, may have misunderstood. I have had one for a few years, not a bonsai project, waiting for it to grow old enough to bear fruit. I don't know much about them, it gets fed & watered, just grows slowly and is so far trouble free..

ironhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  JudyB Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:16 pm

You should try putting it on a heat mat to revive it. Just know that it may still be alive but it also might sulk for a very long time before it puts out new growth. They seem to grow in spurts when the conditions are right (hot) but no growth during cooler times. So it may not have growth again until next summer, but it can still be alive...

JudyB

Back to top Go down

european olive Empty eurorean olive

Post  moyogijohn Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:38 pm

Thank you Judy,, I don,t know what else to do.. thanks john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  JudyB Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:18 pm

Is there green beneath the bark? Keep it warm and not overly wet, but not terribly dry either. Away from drafty air would be good too... I have a cutting that I made off another tree earlier in the year, it lost its leaves, and didn't push new ones, but it's still green, and I still have hopes that it'll push next year.

JudyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down