Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BURRS 2013

+12
chris
-Daniel-
Pavel Slovák
Fore
my nellie
yamasuri
jtay123
DangerousBry
Andrew Campbell
Jerry Meislik
Mitch Thomas
Hans van Meer.
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: BURRS 2013

Post  LittleJoe Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:35 am

Thank you for sharing! So inspirational!
LittleJoe
LittleJoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Brindley Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:22 am

A great event. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much! Pavel and I worked on a Mugo Pine collected by Pavel.

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 Enmt

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 W1nd

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 Mq35

More on my blog, including a video of Pavel's work: http://yamadoriartuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Lee Brindley
Lee Brindley

Back to top Go down

Post  DangerousBry Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:30 pm

There's so much going on and so many trees being finished you forget to click the camera on everything else:-

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 20131111-095522

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 20131111-095533

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 20131111-095544

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 20131111-095558

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 20131111-095641

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 20131111-095650

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 20131111-095727
DangerousBry
DangerousBry

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Campbell Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:52 pm

Bry why does it look like Tony is telling you off in the last pic? Did he tell you to stop being so god damn dangerous all of the time?
Andrew Campbell
Andrew Campbell

Back to top Go down

Post  robatkinson Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:56 pm

thanks for all the nice comments guys and all great potographers
and did not take any photos i was to engrossed in my work,
SPECIAL thanks go to tony for putting on another great weekend
and allowing me to work on his tree it was amazing also thanks
to all the artists who made it special for everyone and also
tonys wife and friend who kept us all well fed what an achievment
and also last but not least thanks to everyone who took part.
BURRS 2013. AMAZING.
robatkinson
robatkinson

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:33 pm

my nellie wrote:So, here you go Fore A rock planting that shows it all for empty spaces.
Awesome! Thank You Nellie, and Thank You Hans! I'll read it tonight when I have the time to sit and relax Wink

And Hans, Andrew's pine was fantastic material, but you did a stunning job on it! The finished pine is, for me, the show stopper (not that I didn't like everyone elses Wink )
Beautiful lines. I saw you drawing out the tree, do you come up with the design and then sketch, or do you play around with poss. designs while sketching, then deciding upon the final styling?

Congratulations Tony on a very fun looking event!
Chris

Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:13 am

Thanks for all your kind words guys but its not me and Carolyn that make the event its you... without you there would be no event. Rolling Eyes 
here is the 'Official' photo of all the participants.

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 Tony_a10

OOOOPS THIS is the 'Official' Team photo Embarassed 

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 Img_1310

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:37 am

Fore wrote:
my nellie wrote:So, here you go Fore A rock planting that shows it all for empty spaces.
Awesome!  Thank You Nellie, and Thank You Hans!  I'll read it tonight when I have the time to sit and relax Wink

And Hans, Andrew's pine was fantastic material, but you did a stunning job on it!  The finished pine is, for me, the show stopper (not that I didn't like everyone elses Wink)
Beautiful lines.  I saw you drawing out the tree, do you come up with the design and then sketch, or do you play around with poss. designs while sketching, then deciding upon the final styling?

Congratulations Tony on a very fun looking event!
Chris

Hi Chris,
thanks for you kind comments and I hope that you will find the link that Nellie posted interesting (thanks Nellie!)? THose day's I had a few ideas that I put into a few post on my blog....but as that goes with me, I stopped halfway! EmbarassedVery Happy
Here is the drawing that I made on the Saturday evening for Steward. He was working on another off his trees and the Pine stood beside him on the table, I asked him is it OK that I make a design option for your Pine? He sad: yes please! So I grabbed my sketchpad and started to draw the outlines of tree and the beginning off the main branches that I was planning to use. When those outlines are more or less similar that the actual tree, well then I start to draw the rest of the main branches and than the smaller branches until they are about the length that feels or seems right! Than the bundles of needles are made quickly until the outline off each foliage pad has reached more or less the right outline that feels right. More needles are drawn until everything is more or less in balance to me...that's it really?! I have found out that by drawing your design on to paper or pc is very helpful to check if is looks all right and possible. And by setting your image with your hands in to a drawings you will always remember them! You have created a blueprint in your head with the use of your hands. In this case the drawing also helps the student to see with his own eyes what you are seeing as a possible future for his tree! This makes it all clearer and easier to understand and helps them to make a well thought decision about the future of their own trees! And it is a nice souvenir as well! Very Happy Stward was very happy with the drawing....I was plessently surpriced that next day he asked me if I please would help him to style his pine! That was a brave dissision from him because for my intended design some major branches needed to be cut off or made into a Jin! So that puts a little bid of presure onto your shoulders...but thats feels nise!Very Happy 
Here is the drawing I made for Steward.

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 Burrs_42

More pictures will follow tomorrow!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:44 am

Tony wrote:Thanks for all your kind words guys but its not me and Carolyn that make the event its you... without you there would be no event. Rolling Eyes 
here is the 'Official' photo of all the participants.

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 Tony_a10

OOOOPS THIS is the 'Official' Team photo Embarassed 

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 Img_1310
And you were all singing "GREAT BALLS ON FIRE"Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:37 am

Tony wrote:OOOOPS THIS is the 'Official' Team photo Embarassed 
Dear Tony, it's not that I don't like the first photo, but with you stepping aside in the 2nd one we can clearly see among those gentle boys two women participants instead of one!!! Very Happy 
Will I ever be number xx???
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:42 pm

my nellie wrote:
Tony wrote:OOOOPS THIS is the 'Official' Team photo Embarassed 
Dear Tony, it's not that I don't like the first photo, but with you stepping aside in the 2nd one we can clearly see among those gentle boys two women participants instead of one!!! Very Happy 
Will I ever be number xx???
Dear Alexandra

Burrs is for everyone, men and women, who has material to work on, and the desire to be there...and if you do not have anything interesting to work on, am I sure you can buy, just ask Tony, he knows.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:28 pm

[/quote]Hi Chris,
thanks for you kind comments and I hope that you will find the link that Nellie posted interesting (thanks Nellie!)? THose day's I had a few ideas that I put into a few post on my blog....but as that goes with me, I stopped halfway! EmbarassedVery Happy
Here is the drawing that I made on the Saturday evening for Steward. He was working on another off his trees and the Pine stood beside him on the table, I asked him is it OK that I make a design option for your Pine? He sad: yes please! So I grabbed my sketchpad and started to draw the outlines of tree and the beginning off the main branches that I was planning to use. When those outlines are more or less similar that the actual tree, well then I start to draw the rest of the main branches and than the smaller branches until they are about the length that feels or seems right! Than the bundles of needles are made quickly until the outline off each foliage pad has reached more or less the right outline that feels right. More needles are drawn until everything is more or less in balance to me...that's it really?! I have found out that by drawing your design on to paper or pc is very helpful to check if is looks all right and possible. And by setting your image with your hands in to a drawings you will always remember them! You have created a blueprint in your head with the use of your hands. In this case the drawing also helps the student to see with his own eyes what you are seeing as a possible future for his tree! This makes it all clearer and easier to understand and helps them to make a well thought decision about the future of their own trees! And it is a nice souvenir as well! Very Happy Stward was very happy with the drawing....I was plessently surpriced that next day he asked me if I please would help him to style his pine! That was a brave dissision from him because for my intended design some major branches needed to be cut off or made into a Jin! So that puts a little bid of presure onto your shoulders...but thats feels nise!Very Happy 
Here is the drawing I made for Steward.

More pictures will follow tomorrow!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.[/quote]
Thank You Hans for walking me thru your work process! But I'd hate to ask if Steward didn't choose this one to work on first, how much better can it get? Wink

I read your blog last night. Very informative, and creative using the 'bones' of a real tree, reducing leaves and forming pads w. open spaces. I kept going back to the orig. tree just to make sure what I was seeing was real lol

And I totally agree, having a drawing would be a great long term guideline to the design! And from what you described, it's very similar to that blog post. Draw out the major branching, and then play around with secondary branching to come up with the final design. And the cherry on top, so to speak, is putting the approp. amt. of foliage and size of foliage.

Well, this certainly gives me a good starting point Hans! Thanks again for the explanation!

Chris
Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:47 pm

I first took this Larch to BURRS last year for wiring and first styling and it liked it so much in wanted to go back this year for trimming and its final styling under the fantastic guidance of Pavel.
Having picked up some stunning pots from John Pitt on the way up to Manchester I just had to match it with one of them when I returned home.

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 Dscf1110

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 Dscf1111

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 Dscf1112

BURRS 2013 - Page 2 Dscf1113

Regards Chris
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Campbell Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:20 am

Nice Larch an all Chris. Lovely bark and stunning styling by Pavel. Just a shame it had to be cordoned off
Andrew Campbell
Andrew Campbell

Back to top Go down

Post  DangerousBry Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:42 am

Andrew Campbell wrote:Nice Larch an all Chris. Lovely bark and stunning styling by Pavel. Just a shame it had to be cordoned off
It was funny though!!!! ;)
DangerousBry
DangerousBry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2