Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter (dammit!) silhouette

+2
moyogijohn
JimLewis
6 posters

Go down

Winter (dammit!) silhouette Empty Winter (dammit!) silhouette

Post  JimLewis Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Well, fall is over and done with in the Carolina foothills.  We had some of those winter gales gust through here yesterday and we're now wading knee deep in leaves.  I dread the long, cold, dreary winter (and I DON'T want to hear from anyone in Minnesota, Rochester, Casper, Wyoming, et. al. about how bad YOU have it.  I'm down here. I hate it and you're up there -- and must be crazy to stay - (GRIN)).  I know, I'm whining.  

Winter silhouettes are slight compensation for the months of cold, wet misery ahead.  

Winter (dammit!) silhouette 11-13_14

And, no, I don't want to move back to Florida (although, if I were a few years younger, I'd sure consider going back to Hawaii.)
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Winter (dammit!) silhouette Empty winter (dammit) silliotte sp

Post  moyogijohn Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:55 am

JIM,,I feel the same way !!!!! That is a very nice tree !!!! I will take good care of it for you.... take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Winter (dammit!) silhouette Empty Re: Winter (dammit!) silhouette

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:03 am

Jim,

that's a beautiful tree!

I will never understand you guys at all. You have the ability to move to and live in very mild climates, yet .......??????
Today, we had cold rain and it made everything wonderful!
You have my sympathy.
Stay well.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  misfit1 Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:36 am

This is a nice tree, jkl. It reminds me of a nice shade tree at the top of a small hill. Have you ever considered removing the first branch on the right? It is almost a bar branch (at least in the picture anyway) and I think that maybe the tree could work without it.

Nice tree either way.

Cory
misfit1
misfit1

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:02 pm

Thanks all. I've shown the tree here before. It is one of my oldest. And those bottom branches ARE bar branches, but I've never obsessed over bar branches like many do. I've also virtually removed the right branch many times and it does NOT work. The left is even worse.

Khaimraj,

If everybody moved to milder climates, places like Trinidad would become hellholes. Your water supply would vanish, garbage would have no where to go. The reefs would be ruined. Crime and poverty would multiply. Don't wish for the wrong thing!

I've lived in southernmost California, Arizona, Hawaii, Florida (north and south), The Philippines (briefly), and Hong Kong, so I have experience with "warmer" climates -- but I also have seen what too many people migrating to those areas can do and have done. It's not nice -- and it's part of what ran me out of Florida.

Actually the climate here in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains isn't that bad, with only a couple of months of what I would consider real cold weather. So, I bitch and bear it.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  JudyB Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:54 pm

It looks very natural Jim. love the skin on this.

JudyB

Back to top Go down

Winter (dammit!) silhouette Empty Winter Silhouette

Post  bonsaisr Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:14 pm

My larches were in their golden coat for a few days, now it's over. We can't move. All our children, grandchildren, & great-grandchildren are here. We took 3-year-old Caitlyn to Tot Shabbat this morning. Would you give that up for more sunshine?
The answer to the climate problem is to grow orchids & tropical bonsai indoors for the winter. I can have Caitlyn and a buttonwood, so let it snow.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down