Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking on buying Bougainvillea

2 posters

Go down

Thinking on buying Bougainvillea Empty Thinking on buying Bougainvillea

Post  daniel269 Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi all,

I was thinking on buying a purple bougainvillea. Should I repot the plant right away? or should I wait until the cold season is passed. It is usually above 75 degrees in FL even in winter season but sometimes it might drop below 55. When repotting should the flowers be cut or it can keep its flowers? Usually plants kill their flowers and leaves to have enough energy to regrow its roots or control any stress.

daniel269

Back to top Go down

Thinking on buying Bougainvillea Empty Re: Thinking on buying Bougainvillea

Post  tmmason10 Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:04 pm

It's a little different for me as I grow tropicals up here in the northeast, but I repot my tropicals when they are actively growing and when it will be warm for a while. My guess is that you could get away with a repot, but maybe it would be best to wait until next year.

tmmason10

Back to top Go down

Thinking on buying Bougainvillea Empty Mniature Roses

Post  daniel269 Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:20 pm

I almost forgot I bought some pink roses they pretty much died never got adapted to the sun even when I put them in shade. They were used to be inside the win Dixie store and never adapted so they died I want to buy new ones, but How can I help the adaptation of these plants? I don't plant dead plants again Sad

daniel269

Back to top Go down

Thinking on buying Bougainvillea Empty Re: Thinking on buying Bougainvillea

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down