Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FINALY FOUND A SCROLL WITH A BONSAI DRAWING!

4 posters

Go down

FINALY FOUND A SCROLL WITH A BONSAI DRAWING! Empty FINALY FOUND A SCROLL WITH A BONSAI DRAWING!

Post  Hans van Meer. Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi everybody,

two weeks ago, after years of surging the internet, I finally found a nice scroll with a Bonsai painted on it! Finding a nice scroll like this is one thing, trying to buy it for a reasonable price is a other! We had to stay up until 4 in the morning when the bidding would end and were delighted when we were able to buy it with in our budget! This is rare, because scrolls with Bonsai on it are highly desired by many internet buyers, so we were extremely lucky to get this on!

It is painted on paper and measures: height 77,6 inch and width 16,8 and the end rollers are made of wood. The painting on the scroll depicts a white Pine Bonsai standing on a white and blue earth were drum. The drum it self is decorated with Prunes and Bamboo, bringing the 3 friends of winter (Pine, Prunes and Bamboo) together. It needs just a little restoration by me, but that will be no problem at all!

The scroll now hangs on the wall in our living room and it really lights up the room now the day’s get shorter and shorter while winter is creeping closer and closer!

FINALY FOUND A SCROLL WITH A BONSAI DRAWING! Scroll10

Hope you like my new scroll just as much as I do?!

Cheers,

Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

FINALY FOUND A SCROLL WITH A BONSAI DRAWING! Empty Re: FINALY FOUND A SCROLL WITH A BONSAI DRAWING!

Post  Guest Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi Hans

I love your scroll...Lucky you, to find this rare scroll.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

FINALY FOUND A SCROLL WITH A BONSAI DRAWING! Empty Re: FINALY FOUND A SCROLL WITH A BONSAI DRAWING!

Post  dick benbow Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:51 pm

would like to know what the script says.
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

FINALY FOUND A SCROLL WITH A BONSAI DRAWING! Empty Re: FINALLY FOUND A SCROLL WITH BONSAI DRAWING!

Post  stonener Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:08 pm

Good Job Hans!...cheers 
Till 4 am shows serious commitment, with little repair needed even better!
This one in all type of message scroll style was new to me!
till Dick displayed his, Waterfall, Maple and Bird scroll as one complete thought!...
Now I too have now been looking every were for this new to me kind of scroll!,
now even with the possibility of what the calligraphy might say? exciting!
praying to be blessed as both you and Dick have been, soon I hope.
Congratulations on your special finds to you both...Basketball
stonener
*good feeling* 

stonener

Back to top Go down

Post  AboveBeyond Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:17 pm

Beautiful!

AboveBeyond

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Hi everybody,
I am glad to hear you like my scroll as much as I do! And I also love to know what the artist has written on this scroll?!
Yesterday I restored my new scroll with the Bonsai painting. It had a nasty very visual scratch right over the base of Bonsai drawing that needed some touching up by me!

Below: (green arrow) Close up off the damaged surface on the roots of the Bonsai painting.

FINALY FOUND A SCROLL WITH A BONSAI DRAWING! 15-10-10

Below: This nasty scratch was probably the reason why the eventual selling price stayed relatively low and affordable for us, so if I could restore it myself, we would be very lucky indeed! Mixing several water colours to get all the right shades off brown’s and black’s was quit a task, but fun to do! And I think that the final result is very satisfying. and you would never know it onces was there……well all you do now! Rolling Eyes Very Happy 

FINALY FOUND A SCROLL WITH A BONSAI DRAWING! 15-10-11

I am very happy with the end result and the scroll is all ready hanging on the living room wall again!

Only 4 more weeks to “BURRS” !!!!

Cheers,

Hans van Meer.

—————————————————————————
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

FINALY FOUND A SCROLL WITH A BONSAI DRAWING! Empty Re: FINALLY FOUND A SCROLL WITH BONSAI DRAWING!

Post  stonener Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:11 pm

Excellent restoration job! your right can't tell it was there before!
Very nice before and after detail close up pictures appreciated.
Could be the start of a very promising new career for sure.
Hey Hans just wondering? my car has a similar scratch on it?
stonener
*impressed*

stonener

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down