Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

treatments that really work

5 posters

Go down

treatments that really work Empty treatments that really work

Post  marcus watts Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:42 pm

Hi everyone,
as we are one big happy bonsai family spread across the globe which countries can still easily get the best insecticides and fungicides - my malathyon has now gone, the current UK garden center products are rubbish as they don't visibly work and yet iknow other countries still can buy effective treatments

you know that after replying i may pm for a little parcel to be sent Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

i want a proper full strength systemic insecticide more than anything - sorry to the organic people but needs must:twisted: 
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

treatments that really work Empty Re: treatments that really work

Post  yamasuri Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:43 am

Same here at nurseries around me. Just Lime Sulphur and Bordo that's it that's all. NO systemic fungicide for few years now. Without license no way. I'm buying on ebay from States. In small amounts for my "personal" use no restrictions through custom so far.
yamasuri
yamasuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:42 am

Furidan - just don't use on trees with flowers visited by bees.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  dorothy7774 Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:43 pm

I use SUBDUE ( by Syngenta crops) as systemic fungicide. Zero entry time. Works perfect for me. Bayer Tree & Shrub granulate as systemic insecticide ( not for all trees though). In addition I fully wash juniper foliage every day. Daconil for needle cast on JBP. Neem oil as needed.

-Dorothy
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

treatments that really work Empty treatments that really works

Post  john5555leonard Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:13 am

hi marcus, what about provado bug killer thats a systemic and it works. i always buy a bottle when i come back to the uk . you can get it ready mixed or in a concentrate to dilute yourself . the problem i have here is i cant read the labels they,r all in thai so i never know what to buy, its frustrating because there is no restrictions whatsoever . you should see some of the weed killers available out here, a health and safety officer would have a fit .Very Happy 

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:43 pm

john5555leonard wrote:hi marcus, what about provado bug killer thats a systemic and it works. i always buy a bottle when i come back to the uk . you can get it ready mixed or in a concentrate to dilute yourself . the problem i have here is i cant read the labels they,r all in thai so i never know what to buy, its frustrating because there is no restrictions whatsoever . you should see some of the weed killers available out here, a health and safety officer would have a fit .Very Happy 

hi - the provado bug and provado vineweevil products are just about the only uk options but they are not man enough to deal with the only real pest that is effecting the development of a few of my trees. it is the incredibly stubborn woolly aphid on white pines that infest the new candles, weakening them, and can easily cause new fragile (and precious) back buds to abort. I have mixed the provado products 3 times now at the max concentration (50ml/liter) and soaked the two large effected trees in a large tub, the last treatment the pots were left submerged 12hrs and there are just as many aphids now as ever before. both trees are really big - pressure spraying, brushing etc is not an option and only causes more damage to the new buds.

i used to have 2 bottles, malathion and dimethoate - i used to combine these in one spray with warm water and wooly aphid was totally killed of in 2 treatments 3 weeks apart - my treated trees did not seem to get reinfested again either. these aphids are not present in my garden naturally it seems - they come in when new trees come in, and now we have a sales area more trees are coming in and out all the time so pests are a bit more of a problem than previous years. provado certainly works on the catapillas that roll the leaves up and on normal green and black aphids but these wooly ones seem less effected.

I was looking at a systemic fungicide as a precautionary treatment as ive finally got an old prunus mume and they are notorious for going down with everything they can catch and it appears they need regular treatments to keep leaf fungus attacks at bay.

cheers for the replies -

Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

treatments that really work Empty treatments that really works

Post  john5555leonard Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:25 am

hi marcus, i,v got some chlorpyritos / cypermethrin an organophosphate that should work, and i am coming to england on the 16th of august do you want a bottle ? . google it and if you do let me know and i,ll put some in my suitcase , send me a phone no. and i,ll post it in uk . regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down