Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

spruce with controversial dead wood

+16
Marty Weiser
juniper07
Thomas Urban
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
DougB
Vance Wood
my nellie
moyogijohn
kcpoole
Justin Hervey
gman
Cees
Tona
AlainK
Todd Ellis
MerschelMarco
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

spruce with controversial dead wood - Page 2 Empty Re: spruce with controversial dead wood

Post  Vlad Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:36 am

No controversy with the dead wood, Marco. It is natural part of the life of trees in high elevations. High dosages of UV light and rest of elements at their best.

Some negative spaces ( trying to avoid the word PADs ) = less dense crown should reflect the "high altitude" story even better. There is a bit of clash between the strong top section of the tree and the lowest branch that is not developing well over the years. Clearly the 2D picture is a bit deceptive - I wish to see the spruce in 3D. Any chance to please my old soul with a video?

vlad
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

spruce with controversial dead wood - Page 2 Empty How did you manage to "blend" the old part and the new one?

Post  Vlad Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:46 am

One more question/polite request, BTW.   Could you share a pic with a close up of the dead wood section on the live trunk?  
vlad
Vlad
Vlad

Back to top Go down

spruce with controversial dead wood - Page 2 Empty Photos

Post  dan brinker Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:41 pm

Trunk number two with foliage number four would be my favourite. Great work.

dan brinker

dan brinker likes this post

Back to top Go down

spruce with controversial dead wood - Page 2 Empty Re: spruce with controversial dead wood

Post  Baltazar Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:39 pm

Keep the dead wood it's a beautiful tree just as it is

Baltazar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2