Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trees. Planting?

3 posters

Go down

trees. Planting? Empty trees. Planting?

Post  leatherback Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:20 pm

Most of you here are besides bonsai huggers, also environment minded. So in the spirit of the christmas season, I would like to draw your attention to an NGO I volunteer for, and our christmas action: Every share (On facebook, through our facebook page, mind you!) of our christmas banner, will result in one tree planted in one of our planting projects. Please visit the page, and share with friends.

trees. Planting? 37456610

https://www.facebook.com/WeForest
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

trees. Planting? Empty Re: trees. Planting?

Post  gman Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:15 pm

How many trees does your group plant annually?
G
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

Post  leatherback Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:26 pm

After starting in 2008, we have now 2.4M trees planted. So that would be roughly 600K, but we started small; Numbers this year are in the region of 1M.
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  gman Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Interesting,
I'm involved in the silviculture side of the forest industry (based on an ecosystem based style of resource management) here in the PNW and we plant an average of 1.5 - 2 million seedlings (during a spring and late summer planting program) and thats just one operation, our province of BC probably plants 60-70 million a year so that contributes a little to the cause as well cheers
Cheers Graham
gman
gman

Back to top Go down

Post  GašperG Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Very good work you and others are doing, my turtle friend - that kind of involvement is what i always like to see ThumbsUp
GašperG
GašperG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down