Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tropical - Good News - Tamarinds as possible mame'

2 posters

Go down

Tropical - Good News - Tamarinds as possible mame' Empty Tropical - Good News - Tamarinds as possible mame'

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Hello to All,

just a preliminary on my Tamarind efforts. Using a Japanese idea from Bonsai Today for Black pines with radial roots, I was able to also shorten the zone between root and the cotyledon. So now you can have tamarinds with branches just about 1" [ 2.5 cm ] or less above the soil level and ultimately create Shohin, Mame' or pea sized tamarinds.
Later.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Tropical - Good News - Tamarinds as possible mame' Empty Re: Tropical - Good News - Tamarinds as possible mame'

Post  Guest Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:10 am

LLB,

Have you tried airlayering Tamarind?...Try it just below the first branch.

regards.
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Tropical - Good News - Tamarinds as possible mame' Empty Re: Tropical - Good News - Tamarinds as possible mame'

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:43 pm

Hey Bro,

thanks for the reply. Yes, we as a group have tried the airlayers and there are two situations down here that don't really work on Tamarinds - airlayers and yamadoris - I suspect it has something to do clay soils and no roots for the collected trees and maybe just poor technique for the airlayers.

The seed bit was easier on my nerves.
Will try again with airlayers, and let you know how it went.
Stay Well.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Xavier de Lapeyre Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:54 am

How did you do the airlayer?
Xavier de Lapeyre
Xavier de Lapeyre

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Hello Again,

I used the standard, moist moss, rooting hormone, plastic wrap and time.

But remember I am aiming at mame' [ 3 to 6 " - 7.5 to 15 cm ] and I can grow a tamarind to 3" ] 7.5 cm ] in under a year.
I don't need more that 0.75 " [ less than 2 cm ] for a trunk. So all I have to do is chop to where the cotyledons were and resprout.
Later.
Khaimraj

* rule of thumb 1 to 5 and 1 to 6 " [ e,g - 2.5 to say 15 cm ] thickness of trunk to height.
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down