Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any blogs that deal with folk studying Penjing in China [ Chinese Bonsai ]

2 posters

Go down

Any blogs that deal with folk studying Penjing in China [ Chinese Bonsai ] Empty Any blogs that deal with folk studying Penjing in China [ Chinese Bonsai ]

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:57 pm

Folks,

need a little help please.

Anyone know of blogs from folk studying Chinese Bonsai ?
I have enough blogs from people studying in Japan.
Need to balance the philosophies.
Thanks in Advance.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Any blogs that deal with folk studying Penjing in China [ Chinese Bonsai ] Empty Re: Any blogs that deal with folk studying Penjing in China [ Chinese Bonsai ]

Post  Guest Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:10 am

Hi LLB,

I've been studying Chinese Bonsai/penjing from quite some time now...but I don't have a blog...but, You could follow me here in IBC hehehe. Razz
Qing quan Zhao books on penjing is also now on sale at stone lantern, a very good source of info and tons of images. And wait for the release of Robert Stevens third book on Chinese penjing... His other books got some Chinese inputs on it too. I am also using several Chinese bonsai books which are very helpful.

Yo will rarely find info (blogs too) on Chinese bonsai and penjing, good useful books are relatively rare.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Any blogs that deal with folk studying Penjing in China [ Chinese Bonsai ] Empty Re: Any blogs that deal with folk studying Penjing in China [ Chinese Bonsai ]

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:40 am

Interesting Bro,

I started with Hu Yunhua, and his two books, and Wu Yee Sun, plus Mr. Wong at the Chinese embassy passed on several Chinese publications to me back in the early 80's.
I have also added on a few more publications from China.
Been fusing Japanese and Chinese stuff for a while to get West Indian [ Caribbean ] results.

I am mostly interesting in trees, and the philosophies behind Ling Nan, I wanted to see if it was more than an adptation to faster growing tropicals and not needing wiring, as well ideas from Ink paintings.
Plus I am feeling my ancestors calling to me, genetically. Sis, made the trip to China this year and she thinks it is important for me to also do so. If I do go to China, I would let you know, as I would like to meet you and yours in person, as well as seeing your work in the flesh and some of your country.

I have broken Bonsai / Tree Penjing into two situations, Health [ horticulture] and Design [ Art ], now for some philosophy, if any exists beyond - memories.
Looking for Contemplation as we have in Fine Art.

Anyhow, the reply is much appreciated, and I will look in on your Facebook gallery as well, from time to time. I am not a lover of Facebook, so I don't go there very often.
Stay Well.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:58 pm

The Bonsai Clubs International Conference and tour will be next April in Yangzhou, China. They have a bonsai museum in that city and their own style of bonsai with very flat pads, mostly using boxwoods, they say three turns in one inch.
Any blogs that deal with folk studying Penjing in China [ Chinese Bonsai ] Img_5211
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:The Bonsai Clubs International Conference and tour will be next April in Yangzhou, China. They have a bonsai museum in that city and their own style of bonsai with very flat pads, mostly using boxwoods, they say three turns in one inch.
Any blogs that deal with folk studying Penjing in China [ Chinese Bonsai ] Img_5211

yup! I am probably going. trying to organize Philippine contingent for the conference...

I saw the itinerary, It is fantastic, and would be worth the trip.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:42 pm

Well Billy and Bro,

you guys will have to be my eyes and ears. Thanks for the image Billy, hope you have the time to take lots more.

As a thank you Billy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTFeTMFlGR4

Later.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:18 pm

Khaimraj,
Like you I started with Hu Yunhua & Wu Yee Sun's books in the 80's, finding any more here has been hard till recent years.

Not a blog but this might help in your search for more The Lingnan Penjing Academy of Australia I have had many insightful conversations with Sifu Tot, my only wish is I could attend classes with him, perhaps one day.
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:30 am

Just wanted to say, thank you very very much, Matt.
A pity I live so far away.
Later.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down