Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swindon 'Winter Image' Show 2013

2 posters

Go down

Swindon 'Winter Image' Show 2013 Empty Swindon 'Winter Image' Show 2013

Post  Paul B [Swindon] Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:49 pm

Here is the show poster and I will be adding some details as I can confirm them. I have been busy and all the clubs and traders have confirmed their attendance. There are still a few last minute details to be ironed out.

The list of Individual exhibitors has been finalized and I have just sent out a load of emails.

The web site page for the show...... http://swindon-bonsai.co.uk/winter-show/ It will be changing shortly with the latest information and will be kept up to date.

So no rest for the wicked and if anyone wants to know more PM me.

Last year we had a few visitors from Europe and I have already had a few enquiries about the show from Europe. You can see the quality of the previous shows on the Swindon web site or search on here.

Swindon 'Winter Image' Show 2013 SwindonBonsaiWinterShowPostersmall

Paul B [Swindon]
Paul B [Swindon]

Back to top Go down

Swindon 'Winter Image' Show 2013 Empty Re: Swindon 'Winter Image' Show 2013

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:25 pm

Paul,

if I might ask an off-topic question. In your avatar, the tree you are admiring, what is it?
Also do you have a larger shot of it?
I have always admired the shape and never got a chance to ask about it.

Best of luck and exceptional attendance to your show.
Later.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B [Swindon] Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:21 pm

Hello Khaimraj

I believe that it is, a Chinese cork bark elm. It is my friends tree and the photo was taken a few years ago at one of our Summer shows for the local paper. Unfortunately I spoil the photograph, since those days the club only do a Winter show, so you can't hide any problems with the trees. I wish that I had a few trees as good as this.

Here is a picture of the tree at last years show

Swindon 'Winter Image' Show 2013 Chinese-cork-bark-elm_3

Paul B [Swindon]
Paul B [Swindon]

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:51 am

Paul, Good morning,

I just wanted to say thank you, very much. It is a beautiful tree, and please pass on my compliments to your friend.
Once again best of all to your show.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B [Swindon] Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:37 pm

That’s 2012 over and I don’t know where all the time went and we are on a run down to the Swindon ‘Winter Image’ show…….. only 50 days to go…………..
As promised, here are the details for the NEXT show as I have changed it slightly.

Nearly all the details have been verified and I was very restrained in 2012 by only mentioning the show a few times…….. ……….Due to the unexpected death of Manuel Gonzalez, All the demonstrations have been cancelled, by way of a tribute to him, as he had been invited to do several demos during the day. Therefore, we have decided to try something a bit different ……… instead - there will be walk around, Educational Tree Critiques during the day. These will be conducted by Chris Thomas, Reg Bolton and Malcolm Hughes. Hopefully this will be of interest to all, including the newcomers to the Art of Bonsai. Manuel has never been an individual exhibitor at the show, so this year, the Wessex Club will be showing one of his many fantastic trees near the entrance.
John Armitage will still be running his tree clinic, so if anyone wants to discuss anything with him or bring a tree along for advice then he will be in the squash court.

This year the main prize in the raffle is a presentation box with a replica pot of an antique one in the collection of Diaz Iwasaki. [see picture below]
A number of things have been added to the Swindon web site over the last few weeks…. http://swindon-bonsai.co.uk/ then either use the search tool or scroll down.

As well as other articles, there are profiles for the individual exhibitors. They will be travelling from all over the UK for us to enjoy their displays.
• John Pitt
• Tony Tickle
• Ian Stewardson
• Mike Jones
• Simon Tremblett
• Will Baddeley
• John Trott
• Martin Shepperd
• Marcus Watts
• Chrissie Leigh-Walker

Swindon together with 15 other Clubs and Societies with be represented and there are 16 traders, the most we have ever had. Amelia is in the process of adding articles about each of the traders, so you can all start making your shopping lists. These include:-
John Pitt Bonsai Ceramics
Wallsall Studio Ceramics
Windybank Bonsai
Paul Goff–Bonsai Presentations
John Trott – Mendip Bonsai, [Bronzes & Trees]
Dai-ichi Bonsai
Chris Thomas
Dan Barton - Esoteric Pots
Doug Mudd -Bonsai Tables
Stone Monkey Ceramics
Tony Remington Ceramics
Lee Verhorevoort Bonsai
David Sampson
Adrian Long – [Turntables],
Bushukan – [soils & Misc],
Swindon Club Sales Table

Sorry that this is so long, but I wanted to give you all the full details, then I don't have to keep adding bits. The show poster has all the details that you need, Entry is only £5. I am sure that there is something that I have missed, and can answer any of your questions..................so, hope to see some of you at the show.....

Swindon 'Winter Image' Show 2013 1-1_zps53dd8752

Paul B [Swindon]
Paul B [Swindon]

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down