Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Completely off topic question about the site...

+2
Sakaki
DenisL
6 posters

Go down

Completely off topic question about the site... Empty Completely off topic question about the site...

Post  DenisL Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:36 pm

I was wondering if there is some type of set up that I need to change when I am in different computers. For some unknown reason, I cannot see the pictures, the logos, and the drop down menus logos from this forum when I log on from certain computers. I can see those things from other sites, but not from the IBC?? Any ideas to help me? Thank you.
DenisL
DenisL

Back to top Go down

Completely off topic question about the site... Empty Re: Completely off topic question about the site...

Post  Guest Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Are you on a PC, Mac, Tablet?, what browsers? what OS? are you running a firewall that is baring some content? so may things can affect what you see?

Tony

Back to top Go down

Completely off topic question about the site... Empty Re: Completely off topic question about the site...

Post  Sakaki Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:45 pm

Try google dns settings: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/?hl=tr
I had the same issue, & these settings have solved my problem.

Cheers
Taner
Sakaki
Sakaki

Back to top Go down

Post  DenisL Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:00 pm

Tony, it is a PC with windows 7. It may be the firewall and I cannot change it. What is bugging me though is that sometimes I see a couple of pictures here and there and I have no problem at all seeing all the pictures from Bonsai Nut, so I thought that maybe it was something to do with the site and I could change.

Sakaki, thank you but I cannot make that change in this computer.
DenisL
DenisL

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:13 pm

Maybe Superstorm Sandy... scratch

Denis are you sure you are signed in on each system, sounds simple but unless you are, no pics.

Sorry if this is too obvious a suggestion...

D
BigDave
BigDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Thomas Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:45 pm

Make sure you are viewing in the classic version. Sometimes when I dump my cookies I have to reset back to classic. Hope this helps

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  tombeur Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:15 am

classic version? is there another?

Thanks

Steve

tombeur

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Thomas Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:51 am

Tombeur
This is how IBC reboots on my IPhone after I delete cookies and history.[img]Completely off topic question about the site... 27268E97-D3D8-4338-9525-E43604C51C4C-1404-000002CF15B6D04C[/img]

If you Click on the classic version it brings up the home screen and all pictures and avitars are visible.

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Thomas Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:58 am

This is what comes up in the classic version

Hope this helps
Mitch[img]Completely off topic question about the site... 10DA01ED-F231-46FF-BF12-F8780CAC468D-1404-000002D6BEDF90A0[/img]

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakaki Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:28 am

Hi Mitch

Where can I do this version setting? I searched for it but cannot see any version setting parameter etc!?

Thanks
Taner
Sakaki
Sakaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Thomas Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:47 am

Tanner
I don't really know how to navigate to the first screen other than clearing my cookies and history. The second screen or classic version is activated on the bottom of screen by clicking on it.
Maybe it's just a Apple or iphone thing?
Sorry but I am not really good with computers, so I have to hack away till I get to where I need to be

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:54 pm

Mitch, are you talking about when viewing on your phone? As far as I'm aware, the other setting you are showing is the mobile-friendly version for mobile/cell phones and is not available for viewing on a computer.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch Thomas Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:19 pm

Fiona
Yes most of my surfing is on my Iphone. Thats what I figured, it was a platform for phone searchers.

Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:29 pm

For the benefit of those who maybe missed it the first time round at the start of the year, THIS is what Mitch is referring to. Might be of some use to people, but I personally found it more trouble than it's worth.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  DenisL Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:08 pm

Yes, when I do it on my ipad, I have the "classic version" option to click and it works perfectly. It may simply be a firewall setting in this computer that is stopping me from viewing the pictures and icons. Like I said it bothers me so much because I can see them in other sites but not here...and I WANT TO SEE...: Evil or Very Mad

Very Happy
DenisL
DenisL

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:36 am

Denis,
Completely off topic of your off topic thread, I really like the quote in your signature, do you mind if I copy it?
Thanks
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down