Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxwood after a little haircut this morning...

2 posters

Go down

Boxwood after a little haircut this morning... Empty Boxwood after a little haircut this morning...

Post  chappy56 Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:55 pm

My first boxwood.
Re-potted this spring, trimmed back a little more today.
So far so good I think.

Boxwood after a little haircut this morning... Boxwoo10
chappy56
chappy56

Back to top Go down

Boxwood after a little haircut this morning... Empty Re: Boxwood after a little haircut this morning...

Post  JimLewis Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:41 pm

That's on its way to becoming a nice tree.

A couple of points:

It could still be thinned out a good bit more. It's always nice to be able to see THROUGH the tree. You've opened up the middle, but all the foliage on the ends of the branches tend to clog the edges of the tree. See Russell Coker's recent threads on boxwood -- or mine, for that matter.

Round pots (especially round pots with (apparently) three legs): You need to be careful where those legs show up when the tree is displayed with the proper front. On a fairly shallow pot such as this one, I prefer two legs to be on either side of the front and the third lag centered in the back. It works to center the one leg in the front, too, but I think it looks a bit odd. Here, you have the leg off to one side and it looks teetery. It isn't, of course, but that's what it LOOKS like.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Boxwood after a little haircut this morning... Empty Re: Boxwood after a little haircut this morning...

Post  chappy56 Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:12 pm

Thanks for your input Mr. Lewis. I've been hesitant to take off much more foliage due to the amount of roots I removed. For what its worth, it is a four legged pot. I will be more careful to follow your advice next report.
chappy56
chappy56

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down