Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harleyriders' passing

+36
Todd Ellis
ogie
Dale Cochoy
Rob Kempinski
Bob Brunt
my nellie
logan3
Kev Bailey
EdMerc
adam1234
Ian Warhurst
Chris Cochrane
Les S
wabashene
Sam Ogranaja
Mitch Thomas
Pavel Slovák
The Lad
yamasuri
DangerousBry
handy mick
Storm
Stone Monkey
Russell Coker
John Quinn
Jim Doiron
Dave Murphy
gman
Hans van Meer.
will baddeley
graham walker
marcus watts
fiona
Poink88
JimLewis
Nemphis
40 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Harleyriders' passing - Page 3 Empty harley riders passing

Post  bob hill Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:25 pm

this sad news is a bit hard to take in.what a great guy and what a loss to the bonsai world he loved it with a passion. sorry i didn,t get to do a landscape for you at burrs mate but the next one i do will be in memory of the rider, bob hill.

bob hill

Back to top Go down

Harleyriders' passing - Page 3 Empty Our last farewell to the big guy

Post  Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:52 am

Yesterday IBC members Matt Addie, Graham Walker, Fiona and I said our last farewell to the big guy. It was a sad day, the church was packed with Steve's extended family, friends and workmates. Steves' four brothers, along with Howard (Steve's Tattoo artist friend) and myself carried him to his final resting place.

Throughout the service photos of Steve were projected on a screen for all to see. So many from the funny times we had collecting and working with our trees.

Sandra asked me to speak on behalf of all of Steve's friends in the bonsai community; it was a huge honour.

I was going to change my avatar in respect for Steve... but knowing him as I did he would have castigated me pale

Tony

Back to top Go down

Harleyriders' passing - Page 3 Empty Re: Harleyriders' passing

Post  Kev Bailey Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:59 am

So sorry that I could not be there, as I was at the funeral of my grandson. The last week has been really tough!
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:11 pm

tony wrote: I was going to change my avatar in respect for Steve... but knowing him as I did he would have castigated me

Similarly, he would have been very proud of the second helping of curry you devoured in his honour at the wake. Mad

fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:03 pm

Kev Bailey wrote:So sorry that I could not be there, as I was at the funeral of my grandson. The last week has been really tough!

looks like you have had a belly full Kev. Beers soon mate!

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Kev Bailey wrote:... ... as I was at the funeral of my grandson. The last week has been really tough!
Dear Kevin, my sincere condolences for your big loss.... It is so very sad when young children fly away from us... May God ease your family's pain.
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Harleyriders' passing - Page 3 Empty In Memory of Steve

Post  bonsai monkey Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Last weekend’s Burrs was the first since Steve’s passing and I just wanted to touch on what Tony did in remembrance of our sorely missed friend. The first thing that became apparent on arrival in the work area was all the “signs” dotted around every single wall. Now human nature dictates that a piece of paper stuck to a wall has to be read, even if just to dismiss it, and this paper contained probably the most famous “Steveisms” for the various platforms that he used. It must have taken Tony hours to trawl through t’internet as Steve was a witty chap!

On the Saturday afternoon we were joined by Steve’s “little bro” David and his daughter who spent quite a while sucking in the Burrs experience. Poor chap seemed shell shocked (as would most non-Bonsai folk!) but seemed to enjoy the visit. In the evening we had all been invited to bring “regional dishes & brews” which would have been funny to Steve as he was tea total! There were more nationalities round the table that at the Union Nations (and I’m sure better behaved!) and the whole evening was a blast whether it was Enrico trying to “auction” his gorgeous lady, singing your countries national anthem or sampling liquids that I’m sure were originally intended to power the space shuttle.

By the end of the evening (or was it the wee hours of the morning?) all I had was a great feeling of family. Bonsai is not about the trees, egos or kudos but the journey. Steve, unfortunately, left us far too soon and although he is plundering “God’s great yamadori” but his life and passion will always be etched in the tradition of Burrs and long may it continue.
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Well said, Simon. well said.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:41 am

Simon, thanks for sharing. It's indeed odd not seeing him in those pictures.

R
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:08 am

Simon

Well said my friend. Steve will always be in our thoughts and prayers

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Harleyriders' passing - Page 3 Empty Thank you Simon

Post  Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:16 am

Thank you Simon for the lovely words and remembrance of Harleyrider, and posting here. David was indeed overwhelmed by the warmth that was felt for his big brother. David is 20 years younger than Steve and has been hit hard by his passing.

An auction of Steve’s trees took place and my dear friend Terry Foster bid on a Mugo Pine of Steve’s and later presented it to David with a promise that they would work together to maintain the tree in memory of Harleyrider, this was done quietly away from the buzz of the event such was Terry’s friendship with Harleyrider and understanding of David’s grief.

On a Lighter note we had a parade of Tattooed semi naked (tops only) Men for Morea and Rita to judge again as a nod to Harleyrider… had he been with us in person he would easily have had the best Ink.

I hope we gave my friend a send off that he would have approved.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:14 pm

It sounds like the event certainly did Steve proud. I was sorry not to be there.

I like to think that Steve is watching us from somewhere with a wry smile. Today I had to grin myself, as the graphic below popped up on Facebook. I promise that this is genuine and not digital image trickery. It is for a gaming app that we both used to play.
Harleyriders' passing - Page 3 Steve10
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3