Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Chinese Elm

4 posters

Go down

My Little Chinese Elm Empty My Little Chinese Elm

Post  thomasj Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:18 pm

I"ve decided to sell most of my larger ch. elms but will probably keep this one for now. It was a reject when I purchased it thirteen yrs. ago as it was sitting under the vendors bench and not looking very sellable as seen in the pic below. Since then It's been in quite a few different pots and has lost a few branches for whatever reason. For what I have left to work with, I still like what I see. Very Happy

At purchase
My Little Chinese Elm 3720721602_eae5b3a7ac

Today 7-09
My Little Chinese Elm 3719845433_072c446cb1
thomasj
thomasj

Back to top Go down

My Little Chinese Elm Empty Re: My Little Chinese Elm

Post  littlebobby Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:53 pm

well that's given me some hope over this little fella here. I bought it for £30 from the odds and sods bench at Greenwood in Nottingham. I repotted it and alas it was far to claggy for proper root prtoduction, but it's pulled itself together. It had also been sadly neglected for a few years before I got it so much of the branch structure at the lower level was dead and had to be cut off. The spindly bits you see before you are my attempts to rebuild the shape.

My Little Chinese Elm Photo015
littlebobby
littlebobby

Back to top Go down

Post  Treebeard Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Thomas, what a beautiful elm, and from such humble beginnings. I'm not surprised you want to hang on to it.

Chris.
Treebeard
Treebeard

Back to top Go down

Post  thomasj Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:15 pm

Hi Chris,
Long time no see. I know you have some nice ch. elms also. I hope they are doing good too. Very Happy
thomasj
thomasj

Back to top Go down

Post  jersanct Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:31 am

I love the detail you have built into the upper branching, Thomas. Thanks for sharing it.
jersanct
jersanct

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down