Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal)

+13
Auballagh
fiona
carlos
Todd Ellis
bostrt
MikeG
marcus watts
Jesse
PeacefulAres
hungbonsai
my nellie
rolandp
Pavel Slovák
17 posters

Go down

Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Empty Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal)

Post  Pavel Slovák Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:02 am

Hi all
Owner this tree is friend Mirek.
Last week we worked on a tree.

Marc 2011 before
Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Bux_110
Marc 2011 after
Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Bux_810
December 2011
Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Bux_910
Marc 2012 before
Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Bux_1010
Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Bux_1210

Gretings Pavel
more pict.: http://www.bonsaivigi.cz/fotoalbum/tvarovani-a-vyvoj---styling-and-development/buxus-harlandii-2006--owner-m.skrabal-/
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Empty Re: Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal)

Post  rolandp Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:12 am

Very nice tree Pavel.
I especially like the bark and the small leaves. Smile

regards, roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Empty Re: Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal)

Post  my nellie Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:50 am

Very nice tree, Pavel!
Robust, with an air of aged maturity!

I have a question to ask : I see that you have inserted a cringle into the trunk to use it as an anchor for bending the branch using a turnbuckle. I presume that it will take a considerable amount of time for the branch to bend and stay in place.... How will the hole heal after removing the cringle?

my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  hungbonsai Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:54 am

I especially like the bark,great

hungbonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  PeacefulAres Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:15 pm

It's a beautiful tree and the bark is especially nice. However, does anybody else find the lower part of the trunk distracting? It just seems like the taper between the first 2/4ths of the tree is really dramatic, when compared to the gradual taper of the top 3/4ths. I don't know, maybe I'm just missing something.
PeacefulAres
PeacefulAres

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesse Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Love the tree and the work done on it. Super job as usual Pavel!
Jesse
Jesse

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi all
Today I worked on the tree.
Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Dsc07615
Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Dsc07616

Greetings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:35 pm

really nice tree image - lovely taper and bark.

great photos too

cheers Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeG Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:43 pm

Simply gorgeous! All your works are impressive but this one is definitely one of my favourites. Such a powerful image. The root spread, taper, bark texture and branching all convey a very old and mighty tree. Stunning!
MikeG
MikeG

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Thank you very much Marcus and mgallex for nice compliments. Very Happy

I found an older photo.
April 2010
Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Pre_0110

Today - Oktober 2012
Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Gdg10

Greetings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  bostrt Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:10 am

The bark is beautiful!

bostrt

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:14 pm

Hi all
Yesterday I worked repair crown this tree.

Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Dsc09312
Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Dsc09313
Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Dsc09314
Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Dsc09315
Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Dsc09316
Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Dsc09317
Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Dsc09318
and new pot for this tree
Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Photo_10

Greetings Pavel
more photos: http://www.bonsaivigi.cz/fotoalbum/tvarovani-a-vyvoj---styling-and-development/buxus-harlandii-2006--owner-m.skrabal-/
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:55 pm

PeacefulAres wrote:It's a beautiful tree and the bark is especially nice. However, does anybody else find the lower part of the trunk distracting? It just seems like the taper between the first 2/4ths of the tree is really dramatic, when compared to the gradual taper of the top 3/4ths. I don't know, maybe I'm just missing something.

I would be hard pressed to find a nicer Boxwood Bonsai than this one. Perhaps some of the older tress in Asia, but still, this tree has everything going for it in my opinion. Great work and development!
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  carlos Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:17 pm

Todd Ellis wrote:
PeacefulAres wrote:It's a beautiful tree and the bark is especially nice. However, does anybody else find the lower part of the trunk distracting? It just seems like the taper between the first 2/4ths of the tree is really dramatic, when compared to the gradual taper of the top 3/4ths. I don't know, maybe I'm just missing something.

I would be hard pressed to find a nicer Boxwood Bonsai than this one. Perhaps some of the older tress in Asia, but still, this tree has everything going for it in my opinion. Great work and development!
Todd

Probably came from asia too

carlos

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:29 pm

carlos wrote: Probably came from asia too
It is a nice tree wherever it came from.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Auballagh Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:48 am

Really nice tree Pavel. The fissured bark, and nicely tapered trunk definitely bring a lot of power to the impression. I LOVE the picture of the big branch cut-back! Shocked
It's all about proper shape, and that branch you worked on really was too thick/too long to have good taper. Really nice step in refinement, and the tree views quite noticeably better after the work. Cool

The pot you pictured is a very good one, and LOOKS like it will work well with this tree. I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide for re-potting though, because I like the size, shape and color of the pot its in now, very much.
Auballagh
Auballagh

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi all friends
Thank you very much for nice coments and compliments.
The tree was import from Korea. Mirek bought from BC in 2006. Unfortunately bylvelmi zanedbamý tree and the first two seasons had a problem with growth. The top of the crown is a new, grown from a small thin branch. All major branches were very strong in the shape of a hook. Were gradually reconstructed and replaced by new young twigs.

Tree after transplanting in new pot - autor virtual foto Rudolf Fraštia
Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) 2in110

Greetings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Empty a new pot for the tree

Post  abcd Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:16 pm

[img]Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Buxus10[/img]

[img]Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Buxus110[/img]
abcd
abcd

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:28 am

Thanks abcd. But the base is too narrow bowls are trying to get rid of. Live it does not look good.
Greetings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  giga Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:22 pm

so do you just use electrical tape for arger bends or rafia as well?
giga
giga

Back to top Go down

Buxus harlandii 2006 (owner M.Škrabal) Empty Hi Pavel

Post  tap pi lu Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:00 am

Very nice.
tap pi lu
tap pi lu

Back to top Go down

Post  graham walker Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Pavel,
Great looking tree from Mirek
When do you find it best to prune B. harlandii???
Do you just trim the upright growing foliage ??

Thanks
Graham

graham walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Thank you friends for nice coments and compliments. I apreciate that. Very Happy
Hi Graham. Buxus h grows with us as indoor tree. In the winter, it needs a lot of light and growth. Unfortunately, a lot of flowers. My flower seeds removed. Cuts throughout the year. Once the branches are more mature. We keep a lot of light in the crown. Much fertilizer. He does not like drought.
Greetings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  graham walker Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:43 am

Thanks, Pavel
I grow mine inside also
See you in November

Graham

graham walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down