Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noelanders Trophy XI Movies and quality photos

+19
Joe Hatfield
Stéphane_VL
pine queen
landerloos
sitarbonsai
bonsaistud
Rob Kempinski
GeorgeJames
newzealandteatree
Bob Brunt
littleart-fx
Pavel Slovák
Harleyrider
Nik Rozman
fiona
Kev Bailey
GaryWood
dorothy7774
F. Waheedy
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Noelanders Trophy XI Movies and quality photos - Page 2 Empty Re: Noelanders Trophy XI Movies and quality photos

Post  sitarbonsai Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:58 am

Rob Kempinski wrote: I wonder what the trees think about all the people talking and gawking.
They probably enjoy the attention, that is if they realize the show if for them. Smile
sitarbonsai
sitarbonsai

Back to top Go down

Noelanders Trophy XI Movies and quality photos - Page 2 Empty Re: Noelanders Trophy XI Movies and quality photos

Post  landerloos Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:39 am

Love the pictures Tony.
Almost recognize everybody, especially him with the tree in his hands Wink

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  pine queen Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:42 am

Rob Kempinski wrote:Thanks Tony for all the photos. Looks like fun. I wonder what the trees think about all the people talking and gawking.

The tall juniper with mostly deadwood might not be one but sure looks like a tanuki. Is that Mauro's?

You mean because the live vein or artery actually is a consistently dimensioned round snake that doesn't seem to follow the natural grain of the tree bonsai?

Q

pine queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:39 pm

pine queen wrote:
Rob Kempinski wrote:The tall juniper with mostly deadwood might not be one but sure looks like a tanuki. Is that Mauro's?

You mean because the live vein or artery actually is a consistently dimensioned round snake that doesn't seem to follow the natural grain of the tree bonsai?

Q

More or less. Of course I haven't seen it up close, looking at the photos only.

I commented once before on the tree that I would reduce the top deadwood. I still feel that way. But it's a conversation piece.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:01 pm

I know the history of this tree... and for the record I do not like it in its current form... I would reduce a lot of the deadwood.

Originally owned by Enrico, sold to Mauro and now owned by Carlos van der Vaart (in the above photo with Marco).

Its NOT a Tanuki Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  pine queen Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Seems to be freak tree as a result of a combination of galls and witches' broom. Some attacking organism stimulated plant cells causing them to go berserk.

Q

pine queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:03 pm

pine queen wrote:Seems to be freak tree as a result of a combination of galls and witches' broom. Some attacking organism stimulated plant cells causing them to go berserk. Q

Not quite... imagine a juniper twisting its way through the heather, being crushed by rocks, eaten by animals, extreme weather... these things go to make trees like this.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:14 pm

Tony wrote:I know the history of this tree... and for the record I do not like it in its current form... I would reduce a lot of the deadwood.

Originally owned by Enrico, sold to Mauro and now owned by Carlos van der Vaart (in the above photo with Marco).

Its NOT a Tanuki Evil or Very Mad

Thanks for the input Tony.

Interesting reallocation of bonsai happening in Europe. Good for the industry.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  pine queen Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:16 pm

Tony wrote:
pine queen wrote:Seems to be freak tree as a result of a combination of galls and witches' broom. Some attacking organism stimulated plant cells causing them to go berserk. Q

Not quite... imagine a juniper twisting its way through the heather, being crushed by rocks, eaten by animals, extreme weather... these things go to make trees like this.

I see, so the fungi, mites, borers, and nematodes are not "romantic" enough for ya Tony? It must be the weather and the heather.....

Q

pine queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stéphane_VL Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:43 pm

Hey Tony,

Great vids & pictures indeed, and that with such a tiny camera!

I counted 3 screws in the juniper... from up close (i'm the guy with blue shirt and camera next to it) Dance .
Stéphane_VL
Stéphane_VL

Back to top Go down

Post  sitarbonsai Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:35 am

Tony wrote:When I was 'filming' and making photos with a Camera that is the size of a credit card you could never imagine that these images could be made from such a tiny thing! Its a Canon see it Here

I am currently uploading about 8 films (they are HD and take quite some time each) including Who was sat at our table for the Gala dinner...

Here is Enrico's Winning tree using the new Camera... truly spectacular.

Noelanders Trophy XI Movies and quality photos - Page 2 Enrico11

This tree is stunning!
I would love to see one like it in person, I bet it would be twice as Shocked

Justin
sitarbonsai
sitarbonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Gæst Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:22 am

Thanks for sharing Tony, especially for those of us who could not be part of it.

Regards
Morten Albek

Gæst

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:36 am

Morten,

there is always next year, on saturday we were 7 Danes on the trophy + me the belgian viking hehe.
The trophy is truly worthwile, never mind the Km and the €'s its worth it!!!
Take enough money to buy some nice pots/trees if you go Twisted Evil Wink

Kind regards from Tommerup
Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaistud Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:30 am

Like I said earlier...top drawer Tony...

Now...can anyone tell me what the model number of Tony's "new camera" is ...for the USA?

Pat...mounted on my trusty steed riding off, wildly, in all directions...
bonsaistud
bonsaistud

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:54 am

bonsaistud wrote:Like I said earlier...top drawer Tony...

Now...can anyone tell me what the model number of Tony's "new camera" is ...for the USA?

Pat, its in an earlier post on this thread.

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:59 am

pine queen wrote:I see, so the fungi, mites, borers, and nematodes are not "romantic" enough for ya Tony? It must be the weather and the heather.....Q
Queenie, I thought my description quite poetic Crying or Very sad your line: "fungi, mites, borers, and nematodes" sound like a "Bugs life" Wizard of Oz...

fungi, mites, borers, and nematodes oh my... fungi, mites, borers, and nematodes...oh my jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:02 am

Stéphane_VL wrote:Hey Tony, Great vids & pictures indeed, and that with such a tiny camera! I counted 3 screws in the juniper... from up close (I'm the guy with blue shirt and camera next to it) Dance .

Hi Stéphane... get to see you have joined IBC... told you that you could not resist.

Note: Stéphane and his lovely family hosted me at the Noelanders trophy ThumbsUp

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:11 am

Excellent coverage Tony. No less than I would have expected from you.
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaistud Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:01 pm

Thanks Tony...

However, what you provided was a link to Canon UK (within the post that has Enrico's winning tree in it). The Canon USA site doesn't have any reference to "IXUS" nor "HD".

Was there another reference that I missed?

Have a good evening my friend...

bonsaistud
bonsaistud

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:16 pm

Pat.

Try it under Canon Powershot SD940 IS digital elph digital camera - check it first against the spec Tony provides but I'm pretty sure it's the same camera as it is cross-referenced on a site I found. (this one)

Hope it's right.

Regards

Fiona
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsaistud Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:48 pm

G'day Fiona...

Thank you for the tip...I will check it out. Pretty sure I did look at it, but, this ancient and feeble mind sometimes lets me down...isn't it fun growing old?? Oh Fiona...sorry, but you're not there yet.

Again, thank you M'Lady...

bonsaistud
bonsaistud

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Hatfield Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:11 am

Very cool making the videos. It looks like it was a very nice event. The trees are wonderful. I really like the tree in the first video at 0:50.

Thanks for sharing Tony, well done!

_joe
Joe Hatfield
Joe Hatfield

Back to top Go down

Post  boon Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:27 am

Tony,
Thank you for your friendship and hospitality. You have made it a great trip.
I now saw the real persons. I remember quite a few people in Europe now.
The event was great until I had to judge the trees. It was difficult. There are a lot of good trees there.
Did you drink all the beer on the way home? Laughing
boon
boon

Back to top Go down

Post  boon Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:31 am

Stéphane_VL wrote:Hey Tony,

Great vids & pictures indeed, and that with such a tiny camera!

I counted 3 screws in the juniper... from up close (i'm the guy with blue shirt and camera next to it) Dance .

You have good eyes. Screws are good. They keep the delicate tree in one peice.
Thank you for your friendship, Stephane
boon
boon

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:38 am

Hi Boon,
you did get hom safely, thank you for the very good demo's you gave.

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next