Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scots pine literati

2 posters

Go down

Scots pine literati Empty Scots pine literati

Post  M. Frary Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:29 am

Scots pine literati Dsc_0010
 Scots pine literati 20170910
I got this tree a couple months ago from Vance.
Hopefully I can find a pot for it by spring so I can show it at our club show this year.

M. Frary

Back to top Go down

Scots pine literati Empty Re: Scots pine literati

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:46 pm

open to design thoughts or just showing off ? Razz

as an aside, our local club has a rule that the tree must be in the possession of the current owner for 2 winters before it can be shown... it is supposed to suppress the "check book artists" but as an unenforced rule it doesnt work so well... theres always somebody buying a killer tree in chicago and showing it 2 months later in milwaukee Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  but its funny as hell when someone recognizes the tree and they get called out Twisted Evil

at any rate, one of your winters should count as two... Wink
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  M. Frary Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:34 pm

kevin stoeveken wrote:open to design thoughts or just showing off ? Razz

as an aside, our local club has a rule that the tree must be in the possession of the current owner for 2 winters before it can be shown... it is supposed to suppress the "check book artists" but as an unenforced rule it doesnt work so well... theres always somebody buying a killer tree in chicago and showing it 2 months later in milwaukee Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  but its funny as hell when someone recognizes the tree and they get called out Twisted Evil

at any rate, one of your winters should count as two... Wink
Mainly showing off. The heavy wire I'm ordering will be here soon. Then all I need do is put a few bends in the trunks.
I'm also in the market for a round,plain,unglazed pot for it.
I sold a juniper at the same show and will probably see it this year. I don't think there is a rule in our club saying how long you need to own a tree in order to show it. If so then fine. It will only be better after 2 years.

M. Frary

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:22 pm

M. Frary wrote: I'm also in the market for a round,plain,unglazed pot for it.

we do have a couple potters in the AAC...
Johnny Menzel could whip one up for you before spring, I would think, and he is still very affordable Razz

his email is in all our communications, but let me know if you would like me to make introductions.
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down