Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonsai style suggestions

4 posters

Go down

Bonsai style suggestions - Page 2 Empty Re: Bonsai style suggestions

Post  kenikol Mon May 25, 2015 10:37 am

I usually read so much before do anything on the trees. In this case I saw many pictures about pines (does not mater what kind of type was it, now I know it was a mistake). I participate a live forming presentation where a yamadori turned into a real bonsai. And now I don't want to be timid and don't touch the tree, so I decide I do everything with courage. Now I know that was a little mistake.

What do you think if I continue the feeding in this year and the tree still alive in the next spring what should be the further steps of the forming? (step by step)

Thanks

kenikol

Back to top Go down

Bonsai style suggestions - Page 2 Empty Re: Bonsai style suggestions

Post  Vance Wood Mon May 25, 2015 1:49 pm

The tree should survive. Don't do anything else to the tree. I know you want to make what we call an instant bonsai, starting with a Yamadori or pre-bonsai and having something that looks like a bonsai at the end of the day. This can only happen with mature material. This can not happen with material that is the age your Pine is unless you want to settle for a Shohin bonsai.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down