Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie Tools Comparison Question

4 posters

Go down

Newbie Tools Comparison Question Empty Newbie Tools Comparison Question

Post  bamos7 Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:59 pm

I bought my first Juniper in a pot a few weeks back. It was quickly followed by a Texas Ebony. Anyway... I'm looking at buying a few tools. I'm looking at different brands and I'm finding it hard to find comparisons on some of the different brands. Obviously, the upper end Japanese tools are great, but I don't feel like taking out a loan. I was looking around and found the Fujiyama brand out of Dallas, and the Tinyroots brand from Bonsai Outlet. Does anyone have any experience with these brands? How do they compare to the Joshua Roth Intermediate line?

I did see on post on here about the Fujiyama tools, but it was short and linked to another post that's unavailable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

bamos7

Back to top Go down

Newbie Tools Comparison Question Empty Re: Newbie Tools Comparison Question

Post  fiona Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:15 am

If you go to the Home page and type something like "bonsai tools" into the google search box you'll get all the previous threads on the topic. It does, however, seem to be very much a personal choice.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:26 am

Another place to look is Stone Lantern. They have a nice selection of reputable tools that are just about as good as others with reasonable prices.
Orion
Orion

Back to top Go down

Post  lordy Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:13 pm

I dont know where in VA you are, but in Lynchburg is Adams Bonsai. Julian Adams would be able to give you some practical advise based on decades of experience. I know he sells plant material and wire but I dont know about tools. He could at least counsel you. He does the newsletter of the Central VA club.
There are also other sources: I believe there is a club in or around Richmond, as well as in NoVA (Arlington). If those dont get you anywhere, contact the parent organization Potomac Bonsai Association based at the US Nat. Arboretum in DC.
lordy
lordy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down