Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads--

4 posters

Go down

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- Empty Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads--

Post  alonsou Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:14 pm

The past weekend, the California Bonsai Society held the 55th Convention and show at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Garden Grove CA.

I wasn't able to make it to the workshops or critiques (hopefully next time, in 5 years), but I got plenty of images from the Main display for you to enjoy.

If anyone else here was able to make it to the workshops and critiques and have pictures available, feel free to share them with us here Very Happy

Cheers!

The Vendors area!

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- 9Cbf9l

You can see an small quarter at the bottom of the pot (right hand side) for you to scale this Bonsai, probably a Dai or Hachi-uye size

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- YiRj7l

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- C271Gl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- UF16Jl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- 16H59l

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- RZgPBl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- IQFN6l

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- I1LScl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- XSJH8l

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- B1jeol

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- MK6yVl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- XTMFPl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- 96Zcyl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- DfQOJl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- BFqdEl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- OPzeYl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- DxivBl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- 7RyeHl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- 5LN3zl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- DqXFKl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- 1LALyl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- Rh1OVl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- CVHPkl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- MHbPol

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- 5zPIpl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- YXTv8l

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- KxkWQl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- XseSCl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- Ki66yl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- 3Bvsyl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- SSvW3l

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- HfasPl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- R0SJdl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- EUPdWl

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- PCgndl
alonsou
alonsou

Back to top Go down

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- Empty Re: Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads--

Post  Neil Jaeger Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:45 pm

WOW some wonderful trees, really love the ginko.

Neil
Neil Jaeger
Neil Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads-- Empty Re: Thread: 55th California Bonsai Society Convention --Lots of images, be patience while loads--

Post  AlainK Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:08 am

Neil Jaeger wrote:WOW some wonderful trees,

Yes, I agree.

Neil Jaeger wrote: really love the ginko.

Neil

I don't!

Apart from the fact that its owner has obviously a very good technique,

To me, it doesn't look like a ginko, I've never seen one looking like that. A yew hedge, or some topiary box-tree maybe, but a ginkgo, no way...

So what's the use of being an exceptionally good technician to work a tree that has no other interest than showing how good the technique is but in the end makes a ginkgo look like a cauliflower?

Oops, me and my big mouth... Embarassed

I'm sure that the person who did this is capable of something else, of a much better design.

A French poet said something that in English is something like "Talent without technique is but a bad habit". I'd say that technique without a vision amounts to a boring, uninteresting piece of work. the kind of thing that can be displayed with a painting of does drinking in a pond under autumn tress, and a deer looking proudly in the distance. Kitsch, but not kitsch enough to be thought-provoking. Laudable from a technical point of view, totally uninteresting, and useless from an artistic point of view.

Zappa, Warhol, where are you?... Mad
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:31 am

Neil,
I love the ginkgo too. To grow that much foliage from a stump takes a lot of skill plus time. One of the great features about the old ginkgos is their "grotesqueness". Alain, consider adding this image to your repertoire for ginkgoes.
Alonsou, thank you for posting these great trees!

Best,
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down