Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ficus salicaria...where to go from here

2 posters

Go down

Ficus salicaria...where to go from here Empty Ficus salicaria...where to go from here

Post  tree4me Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:16 pm

I've had her for about 10 years. I took a lot of cuttings last year, branches at one time, and this is where I am at now. She's about 14" tall with an 8" nebari. just recently repotted in this pot til I find a more suitable one. All comments welcome. Very Happy

Ficus salicaria...where to go from here Img_0011

Ficus salicaria...where to go from here Img_0012

tree4me

Back to top Go down

Ficus salicaria...where to go from here Empty Re: Ficus salicaria...where to go from here

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:15 pm

When we start to style this Ficus we first remove all the leaves. This allows us to see the branch structure of the tree. We would then determine the front of the tree, usually trying to get the widest root spread. After careful study we would remove branches that we know we will not use. For example, two branches coming from close to the same place on the trunk, branches that are too large in proportion to others. We would then wire everything. Once these steps are taken you can then begin to style the tree.
If you are the member of a club the other members will be a great help.
If you are not a member of a club there are a lot of clubs available in south Florida.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down