Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valavanis Spring Bonsai Display March 15-18 at Gardenscape 2012

+4
drgonzo
dick benbow
Mark
Roy Wixson
8 posters

Go down

Valavanis Spring Bonsai Display March 15-18 at Gardenscape 2012 Empty Valavanis Spring Bonsai Display March 15-18 at Gardenscape 2012

Post  Roy Wixson Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:13 am

Here is a short video I made yesterday of Bill Valavanis' bonsai display at Gardenscape in Rochester, NY. You can view it at my website

http://bonsaiinbuffalo.com

The show runs through Sunday, March 18th.

I hope that you enjoy it!

Roy Wixson

Back to top Go down

Valavanis Spring Bonsai Display March 15-18 at Gardenscape 2012 Empty Re: Valavanis Spring Bonsai Display March 15-18 at Gardenscape 2012

Post  Mark Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Well done Roy!
The trees look great and your slow and steady hand are really appreciated. Did you notice the 4 seasons display theme? You took us the from Winter to Fall to Spring to Summer. I guess that is an optimists camera view eh? As always, I noticed people deeply inhaling the Wisteria in full bloom. It is especially intoxicating this time of year, I just hope they don't attempt to drive home...
Thanks for sharing!

Mark

Mark

Back to top Go down

Valavanis Spring Bonsai Display March 15-18 at Gardenscape 2012 Empty Re: Valavanis Spring Bonsai Display March 15-18 at Gardenscape 2012

Post  dick benbow Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:32 pm

thank-you for posting, always good to be able to get a video visit when time and distance doesn' allow us to
visit personally.
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Roy

i think this is your best video yet. The fade in and out of the name plates was nice. Somehow I think I missed that Japanese Hornbeam forrest last time I was at Bills. Must remember to keep an eye out for it. Beethoven was a nice choice...thank you for taking the time put these gems together...
-jay
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:03 pm

Nice video..thanks for posting, as I was unable to attend the show this year.

BTW, what was the tree shown at the 2:01 mark? You didn't show the label...is it a winter hazel?
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  drgonzo Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:04 pm

coh wrote:Nice video..thanks for posting, as I was unable to attend the show this year.

BTW, what was the tree shown at the 2:01 mark? You didn't show the label...is it a winter hazel?

I noticed that too...nice tree, maybe Bill will tell us.
drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  William N. Valavanis Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:45 am

Yes, the bonsai featured in the spring display is a Spike winterhazel, Corylopsis spicata. It's well over 50 years old and I've had it over 30. Cutting from it are planted in my garden and are now over six feet tall AND six feet in diameter, a wonderful early spring flowering shrub, and bonsai of course. With the unusual warm weather we have been experiencing, all are in full bloom now, without forcing too!

Enjoy!

Bill

Valavanis Spring Bonsai Display March 15-18 at Gardenscape 2012 Winter10
Winterhazel and Chinese wisteria featured in my spring season bonsai display at GardenScape.
William N. Valavanis
William N. Valavanis

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:35 am

The Winterhazel is spectacular! I was stunned when Bill brought it to the symposia in Lynchburg last month, gorgeous! I missed seeing you Roy. Bill, is the pot for it a Chinese pot? My dwarf Winterhazel is charming and blooming like crazy! Very Happy
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Wow Bill, looks like a mini National Exhibition.

I like the stand under the Narragansett Crab Apple. Very Happy

Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down