Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first bonsai

+6
fiona
pjkatich
Russell Coker
Poink88
Mitch Thomas
Joel T
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My first bonsai - Page 2 Empty Re: My first bonsai

Post  Andre Beaurain Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Wonderfull world...the plant world...

Joel we need a closer look at your ficus to ID it, can you take a closer photo, so we can see the leaves and stalks properly.

It could be Ficus nitida, or benjamina, but it could also be a hundred other..

Where is Maryland? OK I'll Google it.

Im very excited for you!!
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadwood Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:29 pm

I live in Baltimore, Maryland. Now is the perfect time to set the Pom outside. The weather is turning and holding. You should see some growth on the tree in the next few weeks. Just place it somewhere that it gets some good sun and try not to over water.

Supposed to be mid 60's/ low 70's (F) projected for the next 2 weeks.

Also, The Philadelphia flower show is going on for the next week. It would make a good day trip for you and the family. Some very nice Bonsai exhbits there and Martha from Meehan's Miniatures Bonsai Nursery will have a booth there as well. She has a Bonsai Tree nursery in Rohresville Maryland. Excellent stock and it will really OPEN your eyes to the hobby. Another great day trip. Here is her link: http://www.meehansminiatures.com/

Martha is a wonderful person and puts on work shops at Valley View Nursery--I bet you have heard of them. Very Happy

Deadwood

Back to top Go down

Post  lordy Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi Joel,
I admire your desire to achieve beautiful bonsai. I'm doing a little guessing, and correct me if I am wrong, but I get the feeling you are near Baltimore as well. If so, you might want to contact these people from the Baltimore Bonsai Club. They can certainly point you in the right direction with respect to answering some of your questions: http://www.baltimorebonsaiclub.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=4&Itemid=2
If it turns out that Baltimore is not near you, look up the Potomac Bonsai Association out of Washington, D.C. They are a collection of local clubs in Maryland and Virginia, as well as Washington that can provide you with people to contact for clubs that might be closer to where you are. Joining a club at your age might be a problem, but you will learn so much in a shorter period of time that it makes your experience more enjoyable. The advise of very knowledgeable people here will help you too. Good Luck!
lordy
lordy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2