Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yew re-potted and in need of a makeover.

3 posters

Go down

Yew re-potted and in need of a makeover. Empty Yew re-potted and in need of a makeover.

Post  Mr Miyagi Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:40 am

Just re-potted and in need of a makeover. Been neglected for a few years.
Any ideas where I should take it from here? Deadwood needs a lot of work too.

Yew re-potted and in need of a makeover. Dscn0310

Yew re-potted and in need of a makeover. Dscn0311

Yew re-potted and in need of a makeover. Dscn0312

Yew re-potted and in need of a makeover. Dscn0313

Sorry about the quality of the photo. Didn’t have time to set all the lights up.
Mr Miyagi
Mr Miyagi

Back to top Go down

Yew re-potted and in need of a makeover. Empty Re: Yew re-potted and in need of a makeover.

Post  Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:35 pm

Third picture is a good start I guess.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Yew re-potted and in need of a makeover. Empty Re: Yew re-potted and in need of a makeover.

Post  Mr Miyagi Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:38 pm

jun wrote:Third picture is a good start I guess.

regards,
jun Smile

Thanks Jun, Only thing with that angle is the large section of deadwood moves away and is hidden behind the main trunk. Would you advise removing it?
I am a great admirer of your work.
Thanks Sam
Mr Miyagi
Mr Miyagi

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:58 pm

I like the "twin trunk" look of #3 as well...but I'm having a hard time visualizing the 3-d structure of the tree. Would it be possible for you to take a photo looking down on the tree?
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:02 pm

The long skinny trunk of the taller section doesn't add much. Can you make the tree much shorter and make a fat sumo out of it? It would be more impressive in the long run.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Miyagi Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi Chris, Will get one up tomorrow. The trees a bit of a mess at the moment, having been neglected for so long but I think it can be sorted out in time.

Hi Rob, I assume you mean losing the tall trunk? If so I have definitely thought about it. Was also considering hollowing out and bending it around the deadwood. As it stands the shorter trunk is by far the most interesting though as it has a large shari.

Thanks Sam
Mr Miyagi
Mr Miyagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down