Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with the identification of a chop mark please

3 posters

Go down

Help with the identification of a chop mark please Empty Help with the identification of a chop mark please

Post  Mark Cooper Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Does anyone recognise this hanko mark on a used glazed shohin size pot that I bought in Japan please ? I have tried all the usual on-line resources.
Thanks.

Help with the identification of a chop mark please Myster12
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Help with the identification of a chop mark please Empty Re: Help with the identification of a chop mark please

Post  Russell Coker Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi Mark.

A quick run through my resources didn't turn up anything either. Maybe Ryan can figure it out.

Do you have a picture of the pot?

R
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Help with the identification of a chop mark please Empty Re: Help with the identification of a chop mark please

Post  Mark Cooper Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:34 am

Thanks so much for taking the time to look and investigate Russell.

I have just had a personal communicaton from a Japanese friend who is a well known shohin professional in Japan, and he says that it is Tokoname, and made by Reiho.
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Oh good, thanks for that. I'll go back through what I have for Reiho and add it if I don't see it there.
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan B Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:48 am

Indeed it is Reiho, production line.

Ryan B

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:16 pm

Ryan B wrote:Indeed it is Reiho, production line.

Many thanks Ryan.
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down