Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinus Sylvestre Yamadori

+2
Orion
Nejikan
6 posters

Go down

Pinus Sylvestre Yamadori Empty Pinus Sylvestre Yamadori

Post  Nejikan Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:00 pm

Hello has all,

I present a small pine Sylvestre to you which I have just formatted. It had undergoes a first formation in 2010, but I of it was not entirely satisfied. Here this second formation…

Pinus Sylvestre Yamadori 1_pin_10

Now...I removed the low branch to make this realization.
Pinus Sylvestre Yamadori 3_pin_10

Pinus Sylvestre Yamadori 5_pin_10

Pinus Sylvestre Yamadori 8_pin_10

Pinus Sylvestre Yamadori 9_pin_10

Beginning of working.

Pinus Sylvestre Yamadori 11_pin10

the continuation

Pinus Sylvestre Yamadori 15_pin10

end of the formation

Pinus Sylvestre Yamadori 24_pin10
Nejikan
Nejikan

Back to top Go down

Pinus Sylvestre Yamadori Empty Re: Pinus Sylvestre Yamadori

Post  Orion Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:51 pm

I like what you have done so far, good job thumbs up . Are you thinking of either shortening or removing the cascading branch in the left side since it is covering your jin?

John
Orion
Orion

Back to top Go down

Post  Nejikan Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:17 pm

Thank you John. I think that I will raise this left branch a little because, it hiding place indeed Jin in lower part as you think it. It will be a little more visible.
Nejikan
Nejikan

Back to top Go down

Post  giangus Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:07 pm

Great work Nejikan
Giang
giangus
giangus

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:46 am

Hi,
That is a big improvement from the first design,

~If it were my tree I would curve the main trunk to the left with bending tool or rebar (wire will not hold it). This will add interest to the middle of the trunk that is much to straight for a tree that has a very nice curve in the base and top. The bend wants to be just above where the jin is - then i would remove this little jin as it is in the curve and pointing straight up.

To refine the tree even more, one of the branches at the top is very thick compared with the others, I would lower the foliage from the crown to hide the place the trunk splits into this branch, then make the top compact and narrower, rather than the same width as the middle branches.

very nice tree,

Regards Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Nejikan Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:23 am

Thank you Giang! Wink

Thank you very much for all these ideas Marcus. Initially, I will keep the whole of the foliage. The tree is still in construction. Next working, I will accentuate this curve and I will improve the distribution of the foliage.
It is necessary now that the tree buds behind so that I can make use of the youthful foliage on the new branches create.
Nejikan
Nejikan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesse Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:25 pm

marcus watts wrote:Hi,

~If it were my tree I would curve the main trunk to the left with bending tool or rebar (wire will not hold it). This will add interest to the middle of the trunk that is much to straight for a tree that has a very nice curve in the base and top. The bend wants to be just above where the jin is - then i would remove this little jin as it is in the curve and pointing straight up.

To refine the tree even more, one of the branches at the top is very thick compared with the others, I would lower the foliage from the crown to hide the place the trunk splits into this branch, then make the top compact and narrower, rather than the same width as the middle branches.

very nice tree,

Regards Marcus

Terrific feedback in my opinion Marcus. I learned from walking carefully through your suggestions. Makes me want to post a tree of my own right away to get your advice on it, haha.

Nejikan--nice tree and it is only going to get better. I look forward to continued updates.
Jesse
Jesse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nejikan Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:31 pm

Thank you Jesse, I will not miss there.
Nejikan
Nejikan

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:34 pm

Jesse wrote:
marcus watts wrote:Hi,

very nice tree,

Regards Marcus

Terrific feedback in my opinion Marcus. I learned from walking carefully through your suggestions. Makes me want to post a tree of my own right away to get your advice on it, haha.

Nejikan--nice tree and it is only going to get better. I look forward to continued updates.

My thoughts exactly the same for both Marcus and Jesse! I learn much also from critiques like yours Marcus. And Nejikan, much better indeed! I look forward to seeing updates as well Wink
Chris
Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:29 am

Jesse wrote:Terrific feedback in my opinion Marcus. I learned from walking carefully through your suggestions. Makes me want to post a tree of my own right away to get your advice on it, haha.

Thanks Jesse,

get your tree posted as there are several excelent artists on here that will give their opinions on just about any material. Sometimes you may get a less helpfull reply but just put it down to the author not knowing how to work with the tree in question ! Laughing

Certainly once this pine has the nice curve in the middle trunk the final placement of the detailed foliage will make itself obvious. As Nejikan says though - patience with our trees gets quicker results in the long run - do some work, let the tree rest, do some more work & let the tree recover, re-grow etc.

I try to approach my work in a fairly strict order - 1) Big trunk and main branch bends first 2) secondary branches and initial foliage placement next, 3) Once the tree recovers from all this and is growing many new shoots and buds it makes the creation of detailed foliage pads and branches much easier, oh, and always get the first branch right, then the others, then apex last...a methodical way to work and saves much wasted time doing a higher branch that wont then harmonise with the one below.

Cheers Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesse Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:48 pm

Well said....clear and succinct. I definitely have a tree I will post soon, haha.
Jesse
Jesse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down