Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brazilian Pepper (Schinus terebinthifolius) Backbud

4 posters

Go down

Brazilian Pepper (Schinus terebinthifolius) Backbud Empty Brazilian Pepper (Schinus terebinthifolius) Backbud

Post  Marco Giai-Coletti Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Does anyone know if the Brazilian pepper backbuds easily (or at all)?
Marco Giai-Coletti
Marco Giai-Coletti

Back to top Go down

Brazilian Pepper (Schinus terebinthifolius) Backbud Empty Re: Brazilian Pepper (Schinus terebinthifolius) Backbud

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:54 pm

Marco Giai-Coletti wrote:Does anyone know if the Brazilian pepper backbuds easily (or at all)?

What we call Brazilian Pepper is an invasive weed that will grow from any stump. It has red berries and compound leaves.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Brazilian Pepper (Schinus terebinthifolius) Backbud Empty Re: Brazilian Pepper (Schinus terebinthifolius) Backbud

Post  Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:32 pm

And it can give you a helluva rash too! My g-mother used to tell me to keep away from them when I was younger visiting in the FL Keys

Back to top Go down

Post  rock Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:20 am

Marco Giai-Coletti wrote:Does anyone know if the Brazilian pepper backbuds easily (or at all)?

answer is yes
rock
rock

Back to top Go down

Post  kauaibonsai Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:48 am

if you like, I can share pictures of several peppers I collected just weeks ago. all showing new growth

best wishes, sam

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Marco Giai-Coletti Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:25 pm

kauaibonsai wrote:if you like, I can share pictures of several peppers I collected just weeks ago. all showing new growth

best wishes, sam

Thanks all for the info everyone. I scored three trees recently that had to make way for a playground and since they are regarded as invaders here too, they were destined for the rubish heap - yay for me!

YES, please do post a few pics because I'm not sure how to deal with the compound leaves.

Thanks
Marco
Marco Giai-Coletti
Marco Giai-Coletti

Back to top Go down

Brazilian Pepper (Schinus terebinthifolius) Backbud Empty Feedback

Post  Marco Giai-Coletti Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:12 pm

For those interested, it backbuds everywhere, non stop and within 2 weeks it looked like a bush! As a precaution, I left the top leaf.
Marco Giai-Coletti
Marco Giai-Coletti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down