Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom daiza for new stones

2 posters

Go down

Custom daiza for new stones Empty Custom daiza for new stones

Post  ang3lfir3 Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:53 am

I recently had the fortunate opportunity to spend some time with a new friend in the local suiseki world and a true up and comer in the daiza biz. Patrick Metiva carved a few daiza for some stones that we own so that they could be appreciated. I thought I would share the results with you. He does truly wonderful work and I hope to enjoy many more of this stones and daiza.

Let's start small:
a small pool/puddle stone we picked up from Ken McLeod. The impression is about the size of my thumb.
Custom daiza for new stones Mini_pool_7025_md

Something a little more rugged:
we purchased this stone from Vancouver Island, BC at the 2009 PNBCA convention
Custom daiza for new stones VancouverViewingStone_7056_md-1

And one of my personal favorites:
this animal stone depicting the bust of a Silverback Gorilla I collected on Whidbey Island, WA.
Custom daiza for new stones WhidbeyGorrilaStone_7044_md

Hope you enjoy them.....

Last edited by ang3lfir3 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Learning to Spell)
ang3lfir3
ang3lfir3

Back to top Go down

Custom daiza for new stones Empty Re: Custom daiza for new stones

Post  Guest Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:33 am

Thanks for sharing theese photos of the stones, with the new daizas, they look very nice Smile
I went to the homepage.... I found the homepage was nice and quiet, Lovely photos, and explainations...a friendly page, I want to revisit.

Kind regards yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:56 pm

Patrick is a friend from our Suiseki club here in seattle. I was one of his first customers when he did a daiza for what he called "benbow mountain". He does really good work, great personality, and lives not too far from the Cedar River which he haunts whenever he has a few moments. I enjoyed seeing your stones and thank-you for sharing them. Very Happy
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down