Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new design-windswept

4 posters

Go down

new design-windswept Empty new design-windswept

Post  Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi IBC,
This is the second tree that I worked on today...that I would like to share with you.

This tree was giving me headache scratch for more than two years now on how to approach the design. It got a very very ugly base, and a much uglier trunk line. After sorting out some design solutions based on my new favorite books Wink. I decided to change the approach and see what I'll get out of this ugly material.

new design-windswept Dsc_1930

new design-windswept Dsc_1929

new design-windswept Dsc_2011

new design-windswept Dsc_2010

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

new design-windswept Empty new design windswept

Post  moyogijohn Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Another good one,,,i like the slab.. what would it be like if the left branch was pruned off ?? JUST A QUESTION.. Take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

new design-windswept Empty Re: new design-windswept

Post  Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:27 pm

John,

Thanks!
For me I consider two types of windswept. The first one is the tree that is being continuously battered by the wind- like trees along the shoreline or cliff edge. and the trees formed in this areas got very different characters, such as contorted trunks and branches and mostly with one sided branches The other one I observed was a temporary windswept- a tree with normal trunk and branch growth, like we might commonly find in a field but if we caught a glimpse of a tree temporarily being blown by the wind I find it with features like my windswept above.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

new design-windswept Empty new design windswept

Post  moyogijohn Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:28 pm

JUN,,, That answers my ouestion.. the tree looks great as is !! keep us posted it is getting too cold here to do anything....take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Well done. Windswept is a tough one to do well.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:18 pm

Jun - nice looking tree! I don't think you mentioned the species (or I just missed it), what is it?

John asked "what would it be like if the left branch was pruned off ??" Easy enough to get an idea (though I'm not sure which branch he means nor exactly how much foliage is associated with it):

new design-windswept Windsw10

Chris
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:13 am

JimLewis wrote:Well done. Windswept is a tough one to do well.

Compliment from Jim...I am very happy! cheers

thanks!

regards,
jun Smile

Chris,

Thanks!
This tree is the the only kind of its specie in my garden, I know the local name but I do not know the Latin name or English name.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:34 am

hi Jun,

it is so close to being in windswept harmony - i see a monsoon- one tiny little adjustment suggests itself to me............after the 'main' trunk there is the thinner upper trunk - it is also straight upright, but would add more dynamic movement if you could curve it to the right gently.

cheers for now, Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down