Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling

+17
Budi Sulistyo
namquyennhi
coh
martin kolacia
Lee Brindley
Harleyrider
Bob Brunt
Andreasdeutscher
ferdy-san
ponsmaldo
Tom McCue
tim stubbs
marcus watts
Todd Ellis
wam59
Kev Bailey
Pavel Slovák
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling Empty Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling

Post  Pavel Slovák Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi all

The owner of the tree is Mirek Skrabal. Yew Mirek bought by Tony Tickle last year. Tony tree grew a few years. All this time has grown very much. Today we performed the first basic styling.

Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling Tm_110
Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling Tm_210
Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling Tm_310
Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling Tm_410
Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling Tm_510
Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling Tm_610
Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling Tm_710
Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling Tm_810
Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling Tm_910
Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling Tm_1010

Gretings Pavel
more pict.: http://www.bonsaivigi.cz/fotoalbum/tvarovani-a-vyvoj---styling-and-development/taxus-baccata-yamadori-na-kameni---m.-skrabal---2010-/
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling Empty Re: Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling

Post  Kev Bailey Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:07 pm

Lovely to see the wonderful development of this Yamadori from Tony in your hands Pavel. Great job.
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling Empty Re: Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling

Post  wam59 Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:11 pm

Shocked
wam59
wam59

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:35 am

Hi Pavel.

This is quite different from your other styled trees. But one of my personal favorite among your works. Very natural looking and the rock is an extra bonus. Bravo again!

BTW. Didn't know you are not not just styling Merik's trees but his hair too. How was it? hehehe Smile

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:42 am

Very pretty tree; very natural looking. Is that one stone or multiple stones places among the roots? The composition looks like our mountain scenes here in the Blue Ridge Mountains!

Best, Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:46 am

very nice styling - far more open than usual, so you can see the branches rather than just foliage - it gives a much more mature tree image. (must be because its a UK born tree Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy )

the only thing i find odd..........why on earth do people need to get their faces in the picture with their trees (not styling pics, i mean finished trees)- the beauty is just the tree, the bloke that bought it should know what he looks like by now, maybe its vanity? haha jocolor
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  tim stubbs Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:00 am

marcus watts wrote:very nice styling - far more open than usual, so you can see the branches rather than just foliage - it gives a much more mature tree image. (must be because its a UK born tree Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy )

the only thing i find odd..........why on earth do people need to get their faces in the picture with their trees (not styling pics, i mean finished trees)- the beauty is just the tree, the bloke that bought it should know what he looks like by now, maybe its vanity? haha jocolor

same as anglers with their fish
tim stubbs
tim stubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom McCue Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:16 am

All I can say is WOW. That tree is amazing. The pot is also beatiful and in my opinion perfect for the tree.

Pavel you just keep coming with awesome work

Tom
Tom McCue
Tom McCue

Back to top Go down

Post  ponsmaldo Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:21 am

the 7th pic is the best followed by the 9th lol! very nice transformation Very Happy
ponsmaldo
ponsmaldo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:37 am

The tree on the stone is realy, realy nice, full of natural movement...very good job.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  ferdy-san Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:46 am

As always, what a great transformation on a superb piece of material, thanks for posting Smile
P.S. leave Mirek`s hair, it is not all that long, Laughing

ferdy-san

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:59 am

tim stubbs wrote:
marcus watts wrote:very nice styling - far more open than usual, so you can see the branches rather than just foliage - it gives a much more mature tree image. (must be because its a UK born tree Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy )

same as anglers with their fish

...Bonsai is not just about trees (not coming from me alone, which I regretfully just trying to do lately) but also about people enjoying the art/hobby. I personally don't mind seeing both satisfied faces of the designer and the owner. same with exhibits of trees with more people than trees all the time. Wink If I can see all the faces of the rest of IBC members I'll be very happy, Since I can't meet them personally.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andreasdeutscher Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:31 am

It is a pity, it looks like a nice tree on a ugly stone.

Andreasdeutscher

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Brunt Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:56 am

Ah... I know this tree very well..You have (as always) Pavel done a fantastic job.
See you at Burrs !
ThumbsUp
Bob Brunt
Bob Brunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:28 pm

Like Bob, I know this tree very well, having seen it develop in Tony's garden and then again in Mireks garden earlier this year. I have to say that you have done a superb job of the first styling, Pavel. Already the image is one of great age. This is definately a world class tree.

BTW, I always wondered how Mirek kept his hair in such wonderful condition!

See you both at Burrs!!!
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Brindley Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:47 pm

A very convincing, natural image. Was the tree planted on the rock, or were the tree and rock together when collected?
Lee Brindley
Lee Brindley

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:06 pm

They were collected together, Lee.
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Thank you very much all friends for yours very nice coments and really nice compliments. I am pleased Very Happy Very Happy .

For me, the tree is the real point of view much better than the photo. I do still pictures in daylight and early show. Very Happy
Best regards Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  martin kolacia Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:58 pm

I have seen this very natural yew before ..... stone is super and its all together with yew yamadori..thats superb! And what a pot aboud ?
martin kolacia
martin kolacia

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Thank you Martin, yes yes, I want to pot with Mirek discuss. Very Happy Wink

Gretings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:39 am

Another really nice transformation. Yews are one of my favorite species...

Chris
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  namquyennhi Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:57 am

good job! thanks share!

namquyennhi

Back to top Go down

Post  Budi Sulistyo Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:42 am

Lovely tree. Congratulation.

Budi
Budi Sulistyo
Budi Sulistyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi Chris
Thank you for nice coments. Very Happy
Gretings Pavel

Hi namquyennhi
Thank you very much.Very Happy
Gretings Pavel

Hi Budi
Thank you very much for your nice compliments. Very Happy
I appreciate your words.
Gretings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Hi all
New foto today.
Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling Bsh_0110
Taxus baccata -" Yamadori in stone" (owner M.Škrabal) - styling Bsh_0111

Gretings Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next