Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just a tree i wanted to share

2 posters

Go down

just a tree i wanted to share Empty just a tree i wanted to share

Post  mike Bat Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:03 am

this is another tree i recieved as a gift ... again i recieved this tree around november last year ... this is a juniper ,, when i recieved the tree it was basic mallsai ... nothing more than a juniper bush in a pot .... but at that time i thought it was the best bonsai on earth LOL .... i always had the the thought in my head that it may make a killer cascade tree .. well after class one day i asked my teacher ,, would this work as a cascade tree ?? she said letts see ... so one thing led to another and i think we made a pritty sweet cascade outta a mallsai ... keep in mind i did keep this tree alive in the house for over 7months ... now days the tree has its own space on the back pourch and will stay an outdoor tree ( where it belongs ) ..
just a tree i wanted to share 012
and one more view

just a tree i wanted to share 011

mike Bat

Back to top Go down

just a tree i wanted to share Empty Cascade

Post  Dave Bibby Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:44 am

Hi Mike.
I too am creating a cascade from a juniper(garden centre ctock). Can I share a few observations?
Your side on picture leads me to suggest that you should create your bend below the first branch, this givies you the oppurtunity to create an apex from that branch, as there is not one at present. Junipers respond well to regular pinching out to create thick close knit pads, you may want to wire the branches now and get some movement in them at the same time as your growing them on.
It has taken me a few years before I saw where I was going with mine, I eventually came across an online picture of a JWP cascade that I printed off. I then presented this to a stylist freind who, once we had wired and wired, has begun to create a very pleasing image.
If I get the oppurtunity I'll post some images.

Good luck
Dave

Dave Bibby

Back to top Go down

just a tree i wanted to share Empty Re: just a tree i wanted to share

Post  mike Bat Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:34 pm

hey Dave ,, thanks for the suggestion ,,, we did try to get the bend where you suggest at first ... the tree just didnt wanna give us a bend there however ... i think i may be able to find a rock to fill that viod you see from the side view ... also i will start pinching ,, im just giving this tree some time to recoupe ... the origanl soil wasnt good at all ,,, also the pot it was in was way too big for the tree ... it seems to be throwing off new growth ,, so i will start pinching it back soon ... i just had to see the tree push some new growth ... i was told that on a cascade the apex was at the botom ?? like turning a normal tree upside down ??? my apex is below the pot ... not sure if this is right ,, but thats what i was told ...

mike Bat

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Bat Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:35 pm

Dave please get some pics up ... id like to see your cascade ...

mike Bat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down