Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

office tree?

+4
john5555leonard
Ryan
Billy M. Rhodes
Damienindesert
8 posters

Go down

office tree? Empty office tree?

Post  Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:07 am

Hello IBC.

I got this question. How long a ficus microcarpa/Chinese banyan should stay indoor? the area is Airconditioned, inside an office building, got a very good source of light-by the skyscraper floor to ceiling high glass window. Will be watered regularly( I hope and as promised)

My wife's corporate office in a 24th floor building got renovated, and the work is done last week. She told me before that she will allow an extra space for a bonsai Sad Sad . Probably she saw it in one of a Japanese movie. Then I just said, yup honey sure! I thought it was just a casual conversation and not serious. but when I saw her office, a customized bonsai table was already in placed waiting for a poor tree.
The least I could do is to let her roam around the garden and select in one of my ficus collection-that's the best specie that can take indoor condition right?

regards,
jun Sad

No

Last edited by jun on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

office tree? Empty Re: office tree?

Post  Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:21 am

This is the guilty tree, chosen from the line up... Sad
Just removed it out of direct sunlight to start acclimatization process.

office tree? Dsc_0737

office tree? Dsc_0738

regards,
jun Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Damienindesert Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi Jun. I feel for you mate. Especially with specimens of the like that you are dealing with. I've had to move a few of my less-established F. microcarpa indoors for the summer as it's so bloody hot here. The only light they have recieved is filtered through the mirrored windows. Health wise, they are doing great and are heavy in root now, but the leaves are very big and the new growth (plenty of that) is a bit leggy. I still water them daily and they are at a more of less constant 22c.

I know a lot of the Northerners keep their microcarpa 'dormant' over winter by watering them very little and keeping them coolish. This seems to retard all growth without appearing to damage the tree's health. Others on this forum would have the experience to elaborate though. Good luck.
Damienindesert
Damienindesert

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:33 pm

When I was employed I rotated trees through the lobby. Tree in on Monday, home on Friday. Another tree the next Monday. I tried to have a six tree rotation.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:41 am

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:When I was employed I rotated trees through the lobby. Tree in on Monday, home on Friday. Another tree the next Monday. I tried to have a six tree rotation.

I hope my wife won't see this! pale .....delete, delete, delete!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:43 am

thanks Damien!

Anything for the wife.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:29 am

Man Jun, I would hate to have you lose a tree like that due to poor office conditions. Your biggest issue, of course, is going to be humidity. And with an AC going, that will only make things worse. That trees a beauty, what if you chose a less beautiful tree Laughing

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:58 am

Ryan wrote:Man Jun, I would hate to have you lose a tree like that due to poor office conditions. Your biggest issue, of course, is going to be humidity. And with an AC going, that will only make things worse. That trees a beauty, what if you chose a less beautiful tree Laughing

Thanks!
....or a less beautiful wife.hehehe
...I rather lose a beautiful tree than a beautiful wife.

regards,
jun

Back to top Go down

office tree? Empty re office tree

Post  john5555leonard Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:11 am

hey jun , be careful man , there,s lots of girls around but good trees are hard to find

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:27 am

Rotate trees not wives, it is a lot cheaper.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:12 am

john5555leonard wrote:hey jun , be careful man , there,s lots of girls around but good trees are hard to find

...That's the reason why it took you more than 6,000 miles from (UK to Thailand) in search for the ideal tree. wife Kai (send my regards to your pretty lady) is just a coincidence John?hehehe! Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:18 am

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:Rotate trees not wives, it is a lot cheaper.

...If that's an advice based on experience, I'll follow that as a golden rule Billy! Laughing

I thought your initial post is just a metaphor from a wise man. I shouldn't try to read between the lines next time. scratch

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

office tree? Empty re office tree

Post  john5555leonard Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:25 am

just a coincidence jun or maybe karma , btw we are all waiting for you to post a photo in bonsai widows/widowers. regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi IBC.

A week short for 1 year this tree survived in a fully airconditioned office room with just minor trimming and daily watering.
yesterday was the time to pull it out of the office so that I could wire it again.

office tree? Dsc_0363

As a replacement tree I let her have this one. I think no other specie could survive such situation for a year and give no sign of weakening..
office tree? Dsc_0364

My Boss seems to be happy with the replacement tree
office tree? Dsc_0365

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bye bye! for now my dear penjing...I'll pick you up in a month or two...or a year... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

office tree? Dsc_0367

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Nice trees!

Jun, are you sure you didn't cradle snatch? She looks no more than 20! Wink You sure have a good eye...good catch. Razz
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:13 am

Wow!

(both! Very Happy )

lol!
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

office tree? Empty Re: Office tree

Post  yosemite Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:03 pm

Very lucky wife to have such a source of wonderful looking bonsai.
the second tree is it in/on a stone slab/pot?
can you tell me a little more about it I am looking for something like that only a bit smaller and have been thinking of trying to make one myself.
yosemite
yosemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:41 pm

yosemite wrote:Very lucky wife to have such a source of wonderful looking bonsai.
the second tree is it in/on a stone slab/pot?
can you tell me a little more about it I am looking for something like that only a bit smaller and have been thinking of trying to make one myself.

Thanks!

Yes the second tree is on a natural stone.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:44 pm

AlainK wrote:Wow!

(both! Very Happy )

lol!

Thanks Alain! My wife said Thanks also for the gentlemanly compliment!

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Poink88 wrote:Nice trees!

Jun, are you sure you didn't cradle snatch? She looks no more than 20! Wink You sure have a good eye...good catch. Razz

Hahaha! Bolero ka daw sabi ng Mrs ko! Thanks! Good eye on trees maybe,,,hehehe, not on woman! We're on a relationship for 12 years before we get married at the age of 28, so you do the math on age...hehehe.

Wait for the new image of the tree....I change the front today and rework on the branches. I like it now much much better. You won't recognize it as the previous tree...

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:39 am

Hi People.

After changing the front of the tree rework on branches, and making it more natural.

office tree? Dsc_0823

Happy to be with my tree again.
office tree? Dsc_0824

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:44 am

Nice!

Pre, hindi bola yan. If you know me, I don't hold back and just say what I see. Wink Ask around here, no one will say your wife looks like 40. I sure can't tell. I'll stick with my 20 estimate...maybe it will buy me a pass to your garden when I come home for vacation. Very Happy Wink lol!
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:33 am

Splendid!
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

office tree? Empty ficus indoor

Post  abcd Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:21 am

Light is the main problem inside, you need a specific lamp with quartz glass and a lot off ambiant and constant humidity under he pot.
abcd
abcd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down